For Sale 426

Status
Not open for further replies.
33e39df9971fc6ddf712fcdd5c66b7fb.jpg

commando1 , thats a cool pic , my 63 sf gold'n commando car was in melrose missile stable . we got it through cecil yother's out of oakland , calif .

05190027.jpg

05190026.jpg

commando1 , that car went record in 73 with a 383 850 carb and 8000 rpm ran 10.73 in the 1/4 mile , all steel car , an ihra record at the time . it would out run the missile cars to the 60 ft mark . i've only run it in street trim , muff'rs and treaded tires . it runs a 11.80 flat 6200 at the lights , as i drive it on the street . on pump gas , this motor is soft c/r wise , new new way better all the way more inches n c/r , full ported alum mw heads n intake . 7500 rpm 470 its a wilder package needless to say , less streetable . still won't stop me . i love putting them stangs n comaro guys down , and its so cool beat'n those rice rockets . looking for low 10's in street trim .

63 sport fury mw sear point runnin 11.jpg

05180027.jpg

05190025.jpg

05190026.jpg

05190027.jpg

Another organ donor
:poke:
Probably 15 years ago I went to look at a jet boat, powered by a 440. This was a 4 seater similar to the hemi boat pictured. It had a V drive, which is a driveshaft that runs up to the front of the boat, connects with something similar to a transfer case and then sends the driveshaft out the back.

Ok so myself and 2 others went with the owner, put it in the river and took off. I'm sitting on the right side, back and could put my arm on the bell housing. This boat jumped right up and out of the water when he mashed the pedal. It took off like a car...for about 50 yards. Then nose dived back down. Water poured over the front. The owner looked at us, and not saying a word, jumped out of the boat and was gone. We were like wtf? Next thing you know water was around our feet and the boat was sinking. The owner popped up in the back and yelled to pull the drive shaft cover off. Apparently the coupling for the propeller shaft broke, the shaft came out & hit the rudder. He was frantically trying to shove it back into the hole, which he did, and the water stopped coming in. We had to get towed back on that ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back