440 Motor mounts on 67 Plymouth Sport fury

67sportfuryIII

Reaction score
Wondering if I have an incorrect motor mount engine looks like it is sitting crooked. Not sure what else would make it sit crooked like it is passenger side is touching firewall, Drivers side has gap. Any one else run into problem like this? Vehicle is 67 Plymouth Sport Fury 440.
IMG_1517.JPG
IMG_8744.JPG
IMG_8795.JPG
IMG_9376.JPG
IMG_9850.JPG

It's not crooked, you're seeing cylinder offset. If you notice it's also offset an inch or so to the passenger side.

It's not crooked, you're seeing cylinder offset. If you notice it's also offset an inch or so to the passenger side.
You are correct with the cylinder offset, but I can’t figure out why it’s touching the firewall on the passenger side, only thing I can think of is wrong or defective motor mount.

Your engine placement is correct, the RB engines are very close to the firewall on the right side. My factory 440 '67 came with a notch in the firewall lip for the passenger cylinder head, this would only be needed in the case of the RB motors, 383 sits lower and of course the slants and small blocks are N/A. The notch looks similar to the one in the middle of the firewall shown in the 2nd to last pic of post #1. I would have expected the firewalls of all '67 Fury cars to be the same but perhaps some did not come with the notch.

Last edited:
Pulled the engine back out today, it was for sure rubbing. Being a factory 383 car I’m wondering if the firewall is maybe a little different?

Absolutely not different. '65 ~ '68 are tight clearance by design, but not that tight. I could not see anything amiss with your mounts.

Well I ordered some different mounts, they should be in the mail today. I’m hoping that the cheap 15 dollar ones were off just enough to cause my problem and the different mounts will fix the it.

Back