For Sale 54 NEW YORKER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Brisebois

Reaction score
Contact seller
I'm posting this again with a little more info.
My buddy,Chip, in Vermont has a business that needs to assume the space currently occupied by this fantastic 54 New Yorker. I don't believe that it's ever had body work done, but I think that it had new paint at some point. The seats are original and in perfect condition, as covers were made for the seats immediately after the purchase and apparently have never been off. It's not perfect, but dam close.
I've seen comparable cars selling for 25k, but he needs to move it and he told me to put $12,000 on it. Here's a great opportunity to capitalize on his need. Seriously interested people can contact me and I'll connect you two together. I have nothing to gain, but the knowledge that this car survives and Chip is a very fair and honest guy, you WILL be happy.

2014-04-23 20.20.11.jpg

2014-04-23 20.20.28.jpg

P1010357.JPG

P1010364.JPG

P1010366.JPG

P1010383.JPG

P1010395.JPG

P1010396.JPG

P1010414.JPG

P1010418.JPG

I wish I had the money, space for this. I really like this car. My only question is what's up with the quarter turn valve on the heater hose? Everything else looks pretty original.

I've seen comparable cars selling for 25k, but he needs to move it and he told me to put $12,000 on it. .
That looks to be a very nice car... I semi watch the prices on this era... I too have seen asking prices that high, but on cars that never seem to sell. I'm not a player anyhow, but would advise your friend to be very willing to review his price after it sits a while.

@Big_John has some recent experience too, he would probably have a better handle on the positive effect on value the early hemi brings to the car. The only ones I've seen get much action involve wood or convertibles. @Carmine probably has some insights too, he has a cherry Imperial stashed away somewhere.

GLWS

I wish I had the money, space for this. I really like this car. My only question is what's up with the quarter turn valve on the heater hose? Everything else looks pretty original.
Best guess is a way to fully shut off heater flow, for warm weather driving without hot air bleeding from the dash. The owner should leave it in the open position when storing the car... they run a risk of allowing an air pocket to develop keeping it closed. I don't recall if these cars had a water valve from the factory or not.

This car has been in his family for decades, but only to his personal possession in recent years. It gets driven on a nice day, in good weather, on a lazy summer day (hard to find those). Honestly, he would probably deal on the price issue, because he doesn't want it outside and needs the space.

Thank you for your insights

@Carmine probably has some insights too, he has a cherry Imperial stashed away somewhere.

GLWS

Mine was pretty inexpensive. But that was just luck; falling into right place/time. Unfortunately, because I feel this car needs to be kept inside, it stays parked in my sister-in-law's garage, in another state. When I get a new place, hopefully I can drive it more often.

0721181523a.jpg

0721181523.jpg

0721181525.jpg

0721181524a.jpg

This car has been in his family for decades, but only to his personal possession in recent years. It gets driven on a nice day, in good weather, on a lazy summer day (hard to find those). Honestly, he would probably deal on the price issue, because he doesn't want it outside and needs the space.

Thank you for your insights
If I had the $$ to do so... I'd send a private message with an insultingly low offer and find storage for it near PA... I'd love to show up at Carlisle in that car. Right now, I'd feel the storage fee's too much.

It's not my place to accept an offer or decline. I took a personal interest because I'm an old car guy and there are precious few of these left. I'd hate to see the car taken for the hemi. If he can't get a decent offer, I'll suggest that he drives if to western Mass and I'll craigslist it in the spring.

Thanks for the insight and the contacts...I reached out to both

I'm posting this again with a little more info.
My buddy,Chip, in Vermont has a business that needs to assume the space currently occupied by this fantastic 54 New Yorker. I don't believe that it's ever had body work done, but I think that it had new paint at some point. The seats are original and in perfect condition, as covers were made for the seats immediately after the purchase and apparently have never been off. It's not perfect, but dam close.
I've seen comparable cars selling for 25k, but he needs to move it and he told me to put $12,000 on it. Here's a great opportunity to capitalize on his need. Seriously interested people can contact me and I'll connect you two together. I have nothing to gain, but the knowledge that this car survives and Chip is a very fair and honest guy, you WILL be happy.

View attachment 231671

View attachment 231672

View attachment 231673

View attachment 231674

View attachment 231675

View attachment 231676

View attachment 231678

View attachment 231679

View attachment 231680

View attachment 231681

Beautiful car. I hope that it finds a new loving home. I took the liberty of posting your pictures on For B Bodies Only:

FOR SALE - '54 New Yorker; NOT MINE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back