56 savoy

There is video of it running on YouTube and after a previous owner rebuilt the 270 in 2014 I believe. Couple threads on jalopy journal so it seems like it’s been worked on and taken care of.

Stan I know you’re a purist but this will be my first hot rod-ish build. Getting into the gassers lately but it will be a while before it becomes that. But I’ll post as much as I can on the status of it as I go along.
I don't think you'll piss off many purists doing what you like to your car... It would all be different if you started with something really nice and complete, which is just laziness IMO. To save one that would otherwise not be saved, do your thing.:thumbsup:

This may help with your hood... and whatever else... My photo inventory from PHX in December.
AZ trip...
Look around posts #40 to #50 and HVAP had a few likely donors. Hopefully not too far from wherever you are in CA.

Thanks flip

In Northern California by Yosemite but hell I’d make the drive down there to find a hood and walk through an old junkyard

Found one. What’s the name of this place flip?
BC898102-B1C2-4379-8459-C68AB46E4635.jpeg

That is a great find! You don't see them much around. Here is mine, an original 277 V8.
I am second owner, the engine/trans is rebuilt. Modern disc brakes have been Installed, aftermarket A/C, with 100 amp alternator. Original Phoenix car.
I will be following your post, if you need any help. I have owned numerous ones since 1968.

10 march 56 plymouth.jpg

That is a great find! You don't see them much around. Here is mine, an original 277 V8.
I am second owner, the engine/trans is rebuilt. Modern disc brakes have been Installed, aftermarket A/C, with 100 amp alternator. Original Phoenix car.
I will be following your post, if you need any help. I have owned numerous ones since 1968.

View attachment 173083

I definitely will be hitting you up about this. First thing I’m wondering is there a disc brake swap for these?

Found one. What’s the name of this place flip?
View attachment 173052
Nice... that looks like the DVAP line of cars they were selling whole... but still worth talking to them.
Desert Valley Auto Parts
Hidden Valley Auto Parts
the above links are both companies... DVAP has a 50's yard for the older stuff... I walked that one several years ago, I would start there for your car. It's a nice collection of era appropriate cars.
It would have required a third day for me... I was short on time as it was for the two half days I had.

I didn't have a problem with the folks at any of these places, but they all get jerked around quite a bit by tire kickers and negotiators... so be prepared for a little gruff mannerisms. I think you could cut and paste my pics into an email to help them understand what you're looking for.

DVAP at the 60's up yard I was at, likes to talk about their film experiences... they had a TV show at one time and a movie was filmed there. They act like they're worn out from the attention, but bring it up a lot. I didn't find them difficult to deal with, but I can see where other folks might.

DE1D57D3-EE87-496E-BA2E-16F7F973DD8F.jpeg
We’ll just a little update on the 56. Got it home last Sunday to my buddies house because my driveway is too steep to get the car trailer up it. On Tuesday I get a text from my buddy that the HOA got a complaint about the car in his driveway. He’s renting the house and the landlord wasn’t happy about it. He’s doing a 32 model A in his garage and a 50 Chevy pickup we just started on an s-10 frame swap so the old frame is in his driveway also. So we gotta move the car and scrap his old frame tomorrow to his work. Motor runs good and sounds pretty good with the dual glass packs on it. Ignition doesn’t work, gotta jump the relay to start it, wiring is rough in the cab and engine bay, that’ll need to be cleaned up, trans won’t go into gear but I didn’t try all of them because the brake pedal goes all the way to the floor. Some rust that’ll need patching, some has been fixed already. All in all I think I got a great deal and I can’t wait to dig more into this thing and get it on the road

Nothing on the 56 Plymouth yet but I wrapped up the upper control arm bushings and ball joints on the New Yorker today. Handling is night and day. Still have to do the lower bushings and torsion bushings but I’ll get to those this weekend maybe. Just trying to wrap a few things up on the NYr to pull it out of my tiny carport and get the Plymouth pulled in to start working on it.

6FFC95DD-64D2-47B2-9492-385D9BBCFBF2.png

Back