56 savoy

LatPeahy

Reaction score
Going this weekend to drag this one home, comes with the trailer. Been wanting a hot rod/ maybe a gasser project. Just work out the bugs and drive it for now. Will be on the look out for a hood if anyone knows a place to start or a junk yard in their area that might have one. Not many old junk yards near my area.
30A123DB-2275-4CE6-84F8-A0D394B81D35.png

Going this weekend to drag this one home, comes with the trailer. Been wanting a hot rod/ maybe a gasser project. Just work out the bugs and drive it for now. Will be on the look out for a hood if anyone knows a place to start or a junk yard in their area that might have one. Not many old junk yards near my area.
View attachment 172855
Nice project. My first car was a 56 Savoy 4 dr sedan. Flathead 6 with three speed manual and overdrive.

Congrats! I look forward to some details.

View attachment 172855

Pat: That is a really cool 2-door. I'd love to see a 318 poly in the engine bay with a coupla 4-barrels on it.

Last edited:
Looks like it’s got a semi fresh rebuilt 270 poly in it. Push button trans won’t go into gear, guys wife said he has to get rid of it and I feel like we settled on a fair price for the car and trailer. I’ll update when I get the car. Unfamiliar with the poly engines so any education on these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Looks like it’s got a semi fresh rebuilt 270 poly in it. Push button trans won’t go into gear, guys wife said he has to get rid of it and I feel like we settled on a fair price for the car and trailer. I’ll update when I get the car. Unfamiliar with the poly engines so any education on these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

Here ya go. . .

Chrysler's Poly-Head Engine - Mopar Muscle Magazine

There is video of it running on YouTube and after a previous owner rebuilt the 270 in 2014 I believe. Couple threads on jalopy journal so it seems like it’s been worked on and taken care of.

Stan I know you’re a purist but this will be my first hot rod-ish build. Getting into the gassers lately but it will be a while before it becomes that. But I’ll post as much as I can on the status of it as I go along.

its got a 270 in it with a valley tray ? if so that poly can be converted to a hemi with a head change there very sot after engines for the a b c fords . the 277 poly can't be , it doesn't have a valley tray . there more like an la motor .

Back