Not open for further replies.

drpreposterous

Reaction score
Contact seller
Another reason to hate California...
Check out the stainless!
Then go rob your credit union.
59 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron 4dr Hardtop

Letting go of my 59 Imperial LeBaron. This car was sold new at Wendell Hawkins Motors in Houston, Texas and spent the first half of it's life in Waco where it was sold to the 2nd owner and spent the next part of it's life in the central part of the state. The car still bears Texas plates, and comes with a large manila folder full of maintenence and ownership history.

The VIN on this car indicates that it is #149 out of 622 total production LeBaron hardtop sedans for this year. Being from Texas this car is extremely dry, some surface rust in the front floor pans is evident but the car has no major rust problems.

I understand the car to have been dismantled and painted by the previous owner... while it has a nice thick coat of paint on it, it was never cut and finished properly and is something of a 10-footer. The engine was also removed, refubished, and reinstalled about 15 years ago and has sat ever since. I've had the lifter valley off of the motor and can speak for the fact that the motor has what appears to be a new cam with no metal on metal contact which appears to have never been run and definitely not broken in. I've gotten so far as lubricating the upper cylinders and turning the motor over- compression seems OK. I've also purchased and installed a brand new Edelbrock 650CFM carburetor but have never actually started and run the engine. This has the 413ci Chrysler Wedge.

The car contains several boxes of parts, and everything from the engine bay and interior seems accounted for except for three of the door panels. The tail lamp lenses are incorrect units for a 59 Cadillac. and easily replacable with proper units. The previous owner was a "Ford guy" and got frustrated with the car which is why he let it go without finishing it.

The car is as well optioned as one could expect from a LeBaron, including the Mirror-Matic auto dimming rear view mirror, fully electric swivel seats, electric windows and electric door locks, as well as both front and rear air conditioning. The car also has a stainless steel roof. Optional on lesser models but standard on the LeBaron.

The reason I'm getting rid of it is due to a space limitation as the landlord has decided to sell the house I'm staying in and I do not have a place to store the car long term. It's currently stored inside of my business in Rancho Cordova.

Email me with any questions. I get a lot of marketing and spam callers so I'm not going to list my phone number, but get in touch via email and we can talk on the phone if you prefer.

00d0d_6qSBLGx8ypB_1200x900.jpg

00D0D_lmYatNozSvn_1200x900.jpg

00g0g_kHZUT2bkbLw_1200x900.jpg

00i0i_gs5kXdnHLzu_1200x900.jpg

00J0J_evb6gJpm81d_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_7AQXcvRTkWv_1200x900.jpg

00s0s_2hCNNycgz9b_1200x900.jpg

01515_hNWdx8IRRLY_1200x900.jpg

Quite a project, but great starting point. Plenty of big expenses on these, but the BIGGEST on a LeBaron seems to be the stainless trim/chrome, which look great on this one, and there doesn't seem to be anything missing. Almost didn't notice the incorrect taillights....maybe with plenty of elbow grease the paint could be brought back to life. You'd definitely need to rob the credit union, but you'd have one of precious few when all done.....

See the rear a/c unit in the trunk...….perhaps the paint could be wet sanded buffed. Roof is same as my car.

100_0420 (1).JPG

Wondering if they repainted it in acrylic enamel or acrylic lacquer? Definitely a good starting point but still LOTS of work to be done. Should be impressive when finished, though.

CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back