Looks to be a decent survivor...

00J0J_ia8FzxbxGpH_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_eIlp3gLTJkI_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_ij14EoQp0ey_1200x900.jpg

00q0q_fBVp3s6pwM7_1200x900.jpg

00v0v_aBuVfgPl9WP_1200x900.jpg

00y0y_cJA1mHvxh6D_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
That was not an available interior option for a Custom, or any other model either. Originally they were cloth, and I believe the door panels were modified to match. So I am not sure what else is not right with the car, and knowing what works and doesn't would be important in meeting their price. The demand for these cars is falling off rapidly, unfortunately.

I am with Steve on this one...
Interior does not look original ....

Ad text:

"Up for grabs is this beautiful unrestored 1960 Chrysler Imperial. Shes still wearing her original paint and original interior.
Its been off the road since 1996 but the 413 eng currently runs very well and the 727 shifts and moves smoothly. It does
need some minor brake work and some other odds and ends that any car would need after being off the road for 20 years
but nothing too major.
price is 7400.00 obo
Im a very busy person so cash in hand serious inquiries only, cash only sale, no trades, no scammers, and I don't need help selling. "

Quite some time ago, someone here said that this looks like Daffy Duck.
I've never been able to unsee that ever since...

00y0y_cja1mhvxh6d_1200x900-jpg.jpg

Seems to run out of the tank on the passenger side.

The interior may not be original but it does look nice and that's all that matters at this point. As Steve said, the value of these is dropping for some odd reason so no biggie about the interior.
Being that it's from southern PA, it probably in decent shape rust wise.

I've got to much on my plate to go check it out. Gotta start thinning the herd not getting more.

Last edited:
do you think thee demand for Forwardlookers is falling in general or just for projects?

do you think thee demand for Forwardlookers is falling in general or just for projects?

Personally, I believe the demand for all Forward Lookers is falling, but much faster for the projects. The really rare ones or very special models may be an exception, but generally the boat is sinking as the population ages and interest therefore lessens. When (and maybe if) self driving cars come along, all this crap we enjoy will be worthless. I just make each day count and don't care what they are worth so much.

I just make each day count and don't care what they are worth so much.
I agree the number of people that grew up with Forward Look vehicles is dwindling . I noticed this happening a few years ago with the late 40’s early 50s cars and their prices reflected it. If I really cared what my cars were worth or will be worth I would probably sell them and take up golf...

Hey folks! Before we bury the Forward Looking cas.....I hope some of you guys caught the Barret Jackson Auction in Palm Beach Fla. The prices on several of these DeSoto's, 300's, Dodge, Plymouth, ect. Check the prices on these cars, you'll be amazed....they did very well!

true.
But I think it is only valid for the really rare stuff as well as the perfectly restored or top notch survivors.

Not the 4-doors projects or most average models in "driver" condition

Back