WANTED 60amp alternator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an extra square-back one. Needed a reman alternator for my ‘71 and bought two. Turns out this one was higher output than I wanted (advertised as 50-60, and I wanted 50 amps max).

Please PM me and I’ll send details/photos later today, once I get back home.

Last edited:
Why? You want to be careful about electrical system upgrades. The wiring in your car may not be able to handle it.
I will install power windows system and efi system with ready to run distributor,so i think the stock one not enough for everything.
In powermaster faq says only need to change bigger wire for alt to battery,everything else is fine.

I will install power windows system and efi system with ready to run distributor,so i think the stock one not enough for everything.
In powermaster faq says only need to change bigger wire for alt to battery,everything else is fine.

I'm not familiar enough with the '68, but my '66 has a wire that goes through a bulkhead connector and then on to / through the amp gauge. And I think that if your wiring is similar, you'll need to do something about that wiring too. If so, you will also want to do a by-pass of the bulkhead connector altogether.

Yes,maybe you have right i am not an electrical guy so i am not sure about things.
Was it possible two different wiring harness depend on heavy duty or standard equipment?

Yes,maybe you have right i am not an electrical guy so i am not sure about things.
Was it possible two different wiring harness depend on heavy duty or standard equipment?

I think the police vehicles had heavier gauge wiring to support their high output alternators, other specialized accessories, etc. And I think those vehicles came standard with the bulkhead connector bypass already installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back