62 Metropolitan drag racing car

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Yea it’s the real deal. It’s also a project. I was going to trade for it as a novelty car to use in some of my videos. Background scenes. Paint it, Dragster wing, zoomies, bug catcher etc but the deal fell through. It runs & drives. I’m sure the guy who built it also intended it to be a novelty build. I doubt he had any intentions of actually racing it. Anyway it’s in my buddy’s shop in upstate NY if anyone is interested. He’s a wheeler dealer like me & likes MOPARS. Just for smiles & giggles check it out
Field Agent 340 finds a 62 Nash Metropolitan Drag car
Field Agent 340 finds a 62 Nash Metropolitan Drag car

I know a guy in Indy that built a Hudson 308 with about 480 horsepower and installed it in a Metro. The front sheetmetal is basically one-and-a-half Metros worth of fenders and hoods. Did I mention the twin turbos? I need to find pics of this build. Last I'd heard of it ten years ago, it was not quite finished, but the dyno tests of the engine (pre-turbo) were pretty impressive.

I know a guy in Indy that built a Hudson 308 with about 480 horsepower and installed it in a Metro. The front sheetmetal is basically one-and-a-half Metros worth of fenders and hoods. Did I mention the twin turbos? I need to find pics of this build. Last I'd heard of it ten years ago, it was not quite finished, but the dyno tests of the engine (pre-turbo) were pretty impressive.
Let’s see the pics

Interesting little cars but not something I'd buy. I think it was this one that I saw at a show years ago. Blown sbc if I remember correctly. Running & driving car. Probably a hand full on the track.
upload_2021-6-29_11-26-1.png

Back