62 Windsor 440 headers.

MarcA

Reaction score
I have a 62 Windsor 4 door. 361 with push button torqueflite. I know its not truly a C body, but here we are. Pulling the factory 361 and putting in a 537" stroker 440 with factory long rams and dual quad fuel injection. As for Headers, what fits. No one lists headers specifically for these cars, but I've seen it done, so I know it's possible. Are short block hugger types the way to go? Chassis is the same as Newport, New Yorker, Saratoga, and Dodge 880 and custom 880. Any information from somebody who has one or has done one, would be appreciated.

You're probably the first to do this. Good luck with your build, next issue will likely be connecting the push button TorqueFlite to your engine and ensuring it can survive the power boost. Not forgetting upgrading the brakes as the originals weren't designed for such a powerful engine.

Please post photos of your progress, I just hope you don't end up broke and disappointed after spending $$$$ on this project should it not work out as you intend.

It would probably be sensible to consult fabrication shops which build hot rods and custom cars to ensure your concept and proposed engine and fuel injection systems are viable for this vehicle.

I look forward to (hopefully) seeing the progress of this build towards a successful conclusion.

Don't forget to properly plan and cost the build before commencing - as the old saying goes -those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

Best of luck.

You're probably the first to do this. Good luck with your build, next issue will likely be connecting the push button TorqueFlite to your engine and ensuring it can survive the power boost. Not forgetting upgrading the brakes as the originals weren't designed for such a powerful engine.

Please post photos of your progress, I just hope you don't end up broke and disappointed after spending $$$$ on this project should it not work out as you intend.

It would probably be sensible to consult fabrication shops which build hot rods and custom cars to ensure your concept and proposed engine and fuel injection systems are viable for this vehicle.

I look forward to (hopefully) seeing the progress of this build towards a successful conclusion.

Don't forget to properly plan and cost the build before commencing - as the old saying goes -those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

Best of luck.

62 was the first year for the aluminum TF so it will bolt right up.

I hope you're not cammed to where you need to spin that stroker over 5000 RPM to make the big number because that intake while making earth rotating torque from idle is going to be completely out of breath with 530 cubes by 4000 if you're lucky.

It will look cool tho. The short ram version of that intake would help a little but they are very rare.

Kevin

Back