64 Newport torsion bar installation

Reaction score
i’m having a hard time trying to find any detailed instructions on installing the torsion bars. Most of the ones i’ve found show the adjustment bolt on the lower control arm while mine are by crossmember where the transmission mounts up. Every time i’ve tried to install them my car ends up looking like a lowrider/funny car any help is much appreciated just trying to get my car back up and driving again.

MyMopar has service manuals for download, free!
64Chrysler.jpg

Alan

Great information Alan. I will use this source. Thanks. Any recommendations for finding torsion bars for my 64 C Body?

i’m having a hard time trying to find any detailed instructions on installing the torsion bars. Most of the ones i’ve found show the adjustment bolt on the lower control arm while mine are by crossmember where the transmission mounts up. Every time i’ve tried to install them my car ends up looking like a lowrider/funny car any help is much appreciated just trying to get my car back up and driving again.
Would you please share your source for the bars you purchased. I need a set too. Definitely a low rider. Adjusters are turned all the way in. Thanks.

Back