65 300 Vacmume Line Question

dart4forte

Reaction score
1965 Chrysler 300 with a 383. On the Vacmume fitting at the back of the intake, Besides the power brake hose the fItting has a separate tee with a small 5/16 rubber line going into the firewall. Can anyone tell me what that line connects to?

I should add it's not an AC car

Last edited:
It goes to the heater controls. The blend doors are vacuum actuated.

John

Kinda figured that too. Of course I didn't figure anything was controlled by vacume because of it being a non AC car

Kinda figured that too. Of course I didn't figure anything was controlled by VACUUM because of it being a non AC car

Until now I have never operated as the spelling police around here... it must be the decades of having to spell this word correctly on repair orders or risk losing a customer to "he couldn't even spell automobile". Spell check around here is a little iffy (like my typing) but does have that word.

BTW for whatever reason, Vacuum is one of the most misspelled words on repair orders.

Until now I have never operated as the spelling police around here... it must be the decades of having to spell this word correctly on repair orders or risk losing a customer to "he couldn't even spell automobile". Spell check around here is a little iffy (like my typing) but does have that word.

BTW for whatever reason, Vacuum is one of the most misspelled words on repair orders.

So, what's your point?

Back