65 300 vert non letter for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapinator,
Reasonable was referring to the comments and price recommendations made earlier in the thread by members. When the consensus seemed to be that the ebay 300 vert non letter car bidding was way out of line, as well as my offer to buy at $10,000, I was asking for leads on others like it, that could be bought in the member recommended price range. Do you have a 300L with AC and 4spd available?

Update: owner sent me the data tag pic. Engine shows A9 B9. Mixed info about that code. Normally 71 is a 413. I did see a pic from a 300L showing AB 99, but some believe 99 means standard equipment on 300L. I can't find any info to support the 99 also being a 413 engine. Any experts out there?

Rapinator,
Reasonable was referring to the comments and price recommendations made earlier in the thread by members. When the consensus seemed to be that the ebay 300 vert non letter car bidding was way out of line, as well as my offer to buy at $10,000, I was asking for leads on others like it, that could be bought in the member recommended price range. Do you have a 300L with AC and 4spd available?

Given my experiemce looking at 300-L 4-speed cars and their high prices, I was trying to get a feel for how much you think you would have to pay. They are mighty salty. . .

The guy from New England I mentioned ran an ad recently in the 300 Club Newsletter. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Update: owner sent me the data tag pic. Engine shows A9 B9. Mixed info about that code. Normally 71 is a 413. I did see a pic from a 300L showing AB 99, but some believe 99 means standard equipment on 300L. I can't find any info to support the 99 also being a 413 engine. Any experts out there?

You can have the guy take a pic of the pad by the distributor. The engine type is stamped there and that will tell you if it is the 413 or 383.

Let me know if you find the phone number :)

About the engine id: I think it should show 41 or 413 right?

This seller continues to email me trying to get me to buy it out of the auction. I told him someone else is bidding more than I offered. He said you never know about deadbeat buyers so make him an offer. I believe he has multiple accounts and is acting as a "shill" buyer to artificially raise the bidding and trap a real buyer with a "second chance" offer! Notice the top bidder has 0 feedback and new to eBay? Also his ebay handle is actually his wife's name Sandra. as well sending personal messages from her email. Why else would he give me that lame excuse for wanting me to buy off the auction and end the listing when others are willing to pay more than me? He doesn't know I now have peeps.... thanks to the best forum!!

You can have the guy take a pic of the pad by the distributor. The engine type is stamped there and that will tell you if it is the 413 or 383.

A 413 is an "RB" engine with a machined ID pad on the driver side top front of the block.... A 383 is an "B" engine with the ID pad on the passenger side under the dist.

This seller continues to email me trying to get me to buy it out of the auction. I told him someone else is bidding more than I offered. He said you never know about deadbeat buyers so make him an offer. I believe he has multiple accounts and is acting as a "shill" buyer to artificially raise the bidding and trap a real buyer with a "second chance" offer! Notice the top bidder has 0 feedback and new to eBay? Also his ebay handle is actually his wife's name Sandra. as well sending personal messages from her email. Why else would he give me that lame excuse for wanting me to buy off the auction and end the listing when others are willing to pay more than me? He doesn't know I now have peeps.... thanks to the best forum!!

You might concider reporting him to ebay.... It's shaky enough dealing on line without folks trying to pull a scam on you.

The current top bidder has a 61% Bid Activity with this seller. SHILL
The second highest bidder has zero feedback and has a 100% Activity with this seller. SHILL.
The first bidder has zero feedback and has 100% Activity with this seller. SHILL
The entire bidding has been shilled from the get-go.

I'm glad.I don't do eBay seems like every car I look at has some sham or catch the search engine hates me I.e. 6000 items refine one more word , no match. I don't mind looking at the stuff you guys find on there but would never bid.

My car was an ebay car.
Somehow it fell through the cracks.
That one in a million score you always hope for but rarely, if ever, see.
I'm still clueless on how it happened.

A famous line from one of my Boston Bruins idols Phil Esposito, the greatest scorer of his day:
Interviewer: "Phil: You score twice as much as any other Forward. Why's that?"
Esposito: "I shoot at the net ten times as much...".

Last edited:
It's easy to focus on one shady item on ebay..... But on the average most car deals that I have knowledge of have turned out to be pretty good deals. You just have to do your homework.....
Yeah..... Theres risk, but you can diminish that with the right questions. Pictures of shiny cars and vuage discriptions are not what you should go on.....
I have bought vehicles and know others who have bought vehicles off ebay and for the most part all have been happy.
I don't think spending over 5K is wise without inspecting or having a vehicle inspected by a third party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back