65 300L Broadcast Sheet- What Do the Numbers Mean

Kevin Mulholland

Reaction score
Members,
In working through the interior restoration of my 300L I was lucky to find the broadcast/build sheet in the upper right backseat springs. I know what some of the codes are, BB1 Paint and P3X and with the vinyl top code mean it’s a factory triple black. The guy I bought it from said it had a reverb but I found no evidence in the car/wiring and it’s not coded so that’s a nope. I’ve attached pics of the sheet. Any help or links would be appreciated. Before and after pics of the interior resto coming in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks 71036474965__46F0ED19-6418-4670-AA1A-DCC99869BED8.jpegIMG_0238.jpegIMG_0239.jpeg

Members,
In working through the interior restoration of my 300L I was lucky to find the broadcast/build sheet in the upper right backseat springs. I know what some of the codes are, BB1 Paint and P3X and with the vinyl top code mean it’s a factory triple black. The guy I bought it from said it had a reverb but I found no evidence in the car/wiring and it’s not coded so that’s a nope. I’ve attached pics of the sheet. Any help or links would be appreciated. Before and after pics of the interior resto coming in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks View attachment 605558View attachment 605559View attachment 605560
Make a copy and put the original in a Manila envelope for safe keeping.

The numbers are:

Administrative such as the Sales Order number
Two or three digit Sales Codes I indicating what options or items thar come on the car. I.e. 365 automatic transmission 471 clock.
Build Code: two or three number indicating the last digits of a specific part number 89 or a complete assembly 299.

An additional source is needed to help decipher each section or number.

The numbers are:

Administrative such as the Sales Order number
Two or three digit Sales Codes I indicating what options or items thar come on the car. I.e. 365 automatic transmission 471 clock.
Build Code: two or three number indicating the last digits of a specific part number 89 or a complete assembly 299.

An additional source is needed to help decipher each section or number.
Thank you for the information.

Back