NOT MINE 65 Dodge Monaco 2 drht "Barn Find" St-Catharines / Port Colborne Ontario $10k

MoPar~Man

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
This was posted about Nov 27 / 2022:

Rare 65 Dodge Monaco 2 drht. Factory 318 poly , 727 auto and 8 3/4 differencial. Original bucket interior with console shift in excellent condition for 57 years old. Been stored in garage for 42 years. Original paint and body. Undercarriage is real solid and has been undercoated. New brakes, hoses, lines, master, emergency cables, dual exhaust, transmission service, and complete engine service tune up. Working great. Can be finished as a nice driver or show car. Call for more info. 905 XXX XXXX We are now going to restore body cosmetics in new year. Call if u would want us to build it for u!

(I will ask for a photo of fender tag)

fb887fbf-8c61-4fd2-8414-b4d31ede88c3.jpg

af38f9b9-9dce-4c2d-b041-8e52ca545c55.jpg

52ee7aa9-a70c-4d73-a7ad-c77e633018d0.jpg

dde0d389-68d6-476b-9769-6e789237b3f7.jpg

bcde7161-cf17-4790-8444-1763efa52bff.jpg

ec7a9572-0e3a-49e9-b8ea-edd2881e5ecb.jpg

d65d12c2-a4a3-466b-996b-ae75803a0f9e.jpg

5a2547ac-bee2-427e-8550-35df7a87a40c.jpg

8d34d150-603c-46f0-9b26-cf6e917ee0d4.jpg

This car has been up for sale starting in the spring, I 've been following it since.
It started at $7500 and the owner/ shop would not budge on the price.
It got relisted a few times to make it look freshly posted then it disapeared for about a month.
I broadened my search and then found it at $12500, contacted CrAig and asked what they did to it to justify the price increase? He said they were addressing some issues to make it road worthy.
He's added pictures, a video, cleaned up the engine bay. orange 318. Looks like it has duel exhaust now, I wish he could show pics of the interior front and back and not through a window, trunk pic also.
I think it's posted now for $9500, I have to admit I was very interested in this car, contacted H3b3rt Mot0r$ a few times, nice enough fella, you can't fault a guy who's just trying to get what he put into the car, he has a buisness to run.
Too bad for me, hope he gets what he wants, I've moved on and started work / therapy on my 67 383 Newport.

You don't always get what you put into the car should be your first thought before you start putting stuff in intending to sell. Me, I'd knock dollars off for the tires, wheels, exhaust tips, and rear quarter replacement to start. He is right between a grade 3 (interior) and 4 (body) car as grade 3 has decent paint and paint isn't cheap.

You don't always get what you put into the car should be your first thought before you start putting stuff in intending to sell. Me, I'd knock dollars off for the tires, wheels, exhaust tips, and rear quarter replacement to start. He is right between a grade 3 (interior) and 4 (body) car as grade 3 has decent paint and paint isn't cheap.
As a dealer it would be interesting to know what he initially paid for the car to set $7500 originally.
The add ons he's done are what a buyer would do to make it his or her own. When the car went up to $12500 I figured it got safetied so I contacted him via Kijwiiwi and that's when he told me it was going towards being road worthy. He never answered if it got safetied, Hummmm!
That's when I got turned off this car and started looking elsewhere, aside from the crazy jump in price.

This car was posted on here once before as I remember someone making fun of the GPS system screwed to the dashpad.

Please note that this is a CANADIAN Monaco with Fury dash and interior.
Also the Canucks got the 318 Poly as the standard engine whereas the U.S. model got a big block.
Canadian Poly's were red not the Chebbie orange/red shown
Very rare car that is unique and not like its U.S. version.
12,500 is a cost of a paint job--let alone the car.

Please note that this is a CANADIAN Monaco with Fury dash and interior.
Also the Canucks got the 318 Poly as the standard engine whereas the U.S. model got a big block.
Canadian Poly's were red not the Chebbie orange/red shown
Very rare car that is unique and not like its U.S. version.
12,500 is a cost of a paint job--let alone the car.
cbarge, there is one in your neck of the woods on kiwiji for $3500 in Elginburg

I don't see the listing. It's not the '64 Polara with hemi (for $100k) in Trenton / Bancroft is it?
Go Kiwiji, classwic cars for sale Ontario, pick Kingston. First pic is on a trailer with flat tires then pics show it in a driveway. To me it looks like a Monaco/ Polara but the add does not mention model, just that it's a barn find "Dodge wide block" I guess he means big block???

Sorry, ad actually says $3500, Polara 440, 318 wide block, needs a lot of work, might be a rear bumper for this in my neck of the woods, but won't be going back to the wreckers until spring. No engine bay pics.

Regardless if I search under All Catagories or Classic cars, if I search for just "polara" I get a single page of results, none of them are that '66 Polara (or Monaco?). I need to know exactly what the Title of the ad is to find it. I'm searching "all Ontario".

On Kiwiji, go classic cars for sale Ontario, on the left hand side select Kingston, should be 42 cars in Kingston at the moment, refine your search once again for dodge only on the next page. Should come down to 2 cars, one is titled "True Barn Find" can't help you much more than that, good luck!

Yea, if you search for "barn find" in Ontario / vehicles it will show up. I've just posted it.

"Wide block", in my experience, usually means "poly". So, it probably has a 318 poly. Would need photo or eyes-on inspection to be sure. Liondsay

Regardless if I search under All Catagories or Classic cars, if I search for just "polara" I get a single page of results, none of them are that '66 Polara (or Monaco?). I need to know exactly what the Title of the ad is to find it. I'm searching "all Ontario".
It is a Polara 440 trim model.
A Canadian only model which is the equivalent to a Fury II.
Another rare car but the cost of reviving it may exceed its value based on the pics- especially when you need block to support the arse of the car.
Another footnote: The Fury II 2 door hardtop was also Canadian only up to 1969.

Back