For Sale 65 FORD Galaxie 500 XL Fastback 4-speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
I know there's a cuppa or three guys that love these so he ya go.
Restored, frame off, rotisserie restoration! 1965 Ford Galaxie 500XL fastback Coupe!
This is a matching number, rust free car with a 390 FE big Black engine (0.60 over) and new main bearings (0.10 under) mild performance cam and Holley 4 barrel Carburetor.
It has the famous 4 speed toploader manual (stick shift) transmission! Rebuilt with sync rings!
The whole car is painted in original Ragoon red color (including the undercarriage and engine compartment) and Wimbeldon white hard top two tone.
New matching interior in white, red and black. bucket seats and fastback bucket rear bench!
All new original suspension and chassis.
Every little thing has been restored or exchanged with new parts.
This is a 150'000.00$ bill car at any professional shop! No bondo, no body filler scam. A truly rust free car to beginn with!
All sand-blasted and epoxy primed, inside out!
9 inch rear-end has 2.91:1 gears (just re-geard), new brakes, rims , tires, everything!
Asking $29'900.00 or best offer! You will never find a better one!
Please do NOT call me with advertising sale offers and do not waste our valuable time with ridiculous offers, thanks.
In person to private party sale only, cash or wire transfer into bank account.
If you are interested in viewing and driving the car in person or send a inspector, please contact me.
thanks you
http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/5152982839.html

1965 FORD Galaxie 500 XL Fastback 4-speed Manual Muscle Car - $1

00W0W_jgqVDbgab6z_600x450.jpg

00B0B_krFKwM20EW3_600x450.jpg

00h0h_96E2oDgIyI7_600x450.jpg

00101_kgWWokXHzgW_600x450.jpg

6305.png
6305.png
6306.png
6306.png

marker-shadow.png

marker-icon-2x.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

1965 FORD Galaxie 500 XL
condition: like new
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: red
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: hatchback

65-66 always seemed rather dull to me designwise. The ones before and after fit my taste better.

68 XL is probably my favorite, closely followed by 63.

1962-1970-ford-xl-66.jpg

1962-1970-ford-xl-66.jpg

We have it good compared to the younger crowd. I think it is just so much better to be able to pick a particular year as your favourite, unlike the youth of today who have to say the gen1, 2, etc. or '98-'02 series because they are the same for so long.

Beautiful car, very well done it seems to me. I like the design although the color is a bit dull. Guess this was an original California car restored in Florida perhaps. Seems like a reasonable price for what has been done and the quality of the restoration.

When I see the easy access to the spark plugs compared to a big block Chrysler and the room in the engine compartment, it makes me wonder what Chrysler was thinking with some of their packaging and design decisions.

But white valve covers???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back