66 300 Tail lights

Tess Stickles

Reaction score
Looking for a pair of good, driver quality tail lights for a 66 chrysler 300. The chrome or the lenses or hopefully both. A clean non pitted pair only, I already have those. This is my first post, and I could probably sit and read this all day.

Been looking for sometime for the same unobtanium it seems but good luck on your search - urala rious

I can go online right now and find great examples of 66 newport, new yorker and other 300 years. Something with the 1966 is difficult. And the body trim is like straight non rusting chrome and for some reason (cost) chrysler went with an alloy type metal that pits. It's the only chrome that has pitted on the car. That's why I came here, they have to be out there somewhere.

The big problem with the 66 300 is the fact all the body panels are different except the doors from the Newport and New Yorker. Maybe if all of us owners got together maybe we could get someone to repop them. I know I would buy a set.

The big problem with the 66 300 is the fact all the body panels are different except the doors from the Newport and New Yorker. Maybe if all of us owners got together maybe we could get someone to repop them. I know I would buy a set.
I'm in!

I saw they went out of business, I picked up a few things there when I got my car, I was cleaning out my desk and found the business card they threw in my order. Isn't there a video online of the cars being crushed?

As mentioned, 66 300 has many parts specific to 66 and specific to 300, and the taillights and front cornering lights (and associated trim) are part of it, those are hard to find and expensive if the seller knows what he's got.

The trim on the lights is diecast because it had to be, that appearance/cross-section couldn't easily be rendered in a stamping from aluminum or stainless like the rest of the trim. And it was cast from potmetal for cost reasons, but I suspect every manufacturer used potmetal, these cars weren't meant to last 20+ years and the accountants overruled the engineers from a long ways back.

Back