NOT MINE 66 Chrysler 300 2DR Canadian

Canadian market coupes and convertibles had the wrap around tail lights, Canadian 300 sedans and 4 dr htops didnt

View attachment 485663
You could get Canadian-built 300 2-door hardtops with the Newport/Windsor style taillights, or the US-style. 300 convertibles were US-style only. I have pictures of a couple of them somewhere (which I took myself). Of course, this can also be confirmed by looking at the Canadian 1966 Chrysler brochure, which I have done previously.

I have read it ssid that the "sport coupe" could not be had with AC..
Kinda the same thinking as no hemi cars got AC
66 was interesting year at Chrysler. First year for street hemi. First year of the non letter 300. First year for 440.
Chrysler seriously considered the street hemi in the 300 sport coupe.
I now have 2 J code 66 300's.
If I could find a sponsor I would swap a 426 in one of them

I'm sure that is not the case, you could get A/C in a '66 300 2-door hardtop, whether it had the 383-4bbl or the 440. 1966 was not the first year for the non-letter 300. 1965 was the last year for the letter-model 300, but you could also get a non-letter 300 then also. 1962 was the first year for the non-letter 300 in the US. Chrysler considered continuing the letter-model 300 into 1966 and putting a Hemi in the 1966 Chrysler 300M.

Last edited:
From my personal experience slab side cars are always cheaper then a fuselage car, I don’t think that the prices are falling but I believe that the most guys have no idea about the new permit law

This Canadian '66 300 2-door hardtop used to be local to me. These pics are from 2000.

NOV23_11.JPG

NOV23_13.JPG

I spotted this one in 2010 in Toronto. It's the same colour but I'm pretty sure it's not the same car. I believe the owner of the previous car still owned his in 2010, and it was falling into disrepair because he parked it curbside in front of his house.

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

QUOTE I'm sure that is not the case, you could get A/C in a '66 300 2-door hardtop, whether it had the 383-4bbl or the 440.

Does anyone know of a 66 300 2 door with tnt eninge that has AC. Ive seen several advertised and none had AC.

QUOTE 1966 was not the first year for the non-letter 300.

I ment that 66 was 1st model year that didnt have a 300 letter car

From my layman's perspective, I go through all the steps, and it doesn't appear to affect any of our C-bodies.
They rejected one of my Canadian build Cars Peter just a few weeks ago.

QUOTE I'm sure that is not the case, you could get A/C in a '66 300 2-door hardtop, whether it had the 383-4bbl or the 440.

Does anyone know of a 66 300 2 door with tnt eninge that has AC. Ive seen several advertised and none had AC.

I have the factory dealer literature and nowhere does it say that combination is not allowed to be ordered. Here is one:

I ment that 66 was 1st model year that didnt have a 300 letter car
That may have been what you meant but it's not what you wrote. :)

Not the first time those Heritage pricks have got there nose stuck where it doesn't belong.

CF-TGE The Real Story

I was acquainted with Catherine Scott who had to fight them to export that aircraft and was successful but at great personal expense. The author's description of her is spot on. lol.

Kevin

Canadian prices are a mess, generally the farther west you go the more the asking price, and yes slabs get a lot less love on this side...but hey that just leaves more thick thighs for me ))

Back