66 fury bulkhead delete!

Jimmie-O

Reaction score
Hey friends! I have a 66 fury and I’m looking to delete the wiring bulkhead! Has anyone on here looked into or has done this? Help would be appreciated!

Any reason why you want to delete it? No reason to in my opinion if you do the ammeter bypass then clean/repair any oxidized terminals or parts and coat with dielectric grease. Otherwise if compelled to do so I would replace with a universal painless chassis wiring kit that has enough terminals to meet your needs.

The bulkhead and fuse block are VERY corroded. Just wondering about eliminating the middleman(bulkhead) and going a hardwire route!?

My dash harness was about the same as your description. The wires were pretty decent with only the radio wires cut and spliced. I chopped off the ends at the bulkhead and crimped on new ones. I rebuilt the fuse block with new fuse holders. I bought new under hood harness. It has been working fine now for 26 years.

Replace them one at a time or mark them good so you don't mix em up. Easy Peasy. If the bulkhead connector is cruddy, you may want to mark the wires good and remove them all to clean it. That is how I did mine.
PS: It takes a special crimper for those lugs. If you don't have one, get one.

Last edited:
Back