66 fury instrument panel connector pins

66furys

Reaction score
The pins on my speedo are loose. I think they can be soldered tight....anyone tried that? The gauge pack will get new ring terminals that connect to the screw terminals instead of the OEM pin connector. But, this not possible for the speedo.....all lights on the board except the two turn signal bulb sockets.

I should think it can be done. I would suggest starting with one pin, and then doing the next one that's the farthest away from the one you just did. Keeps the heat soak in the circuit board and such down... kinda like torquing lug nuts - cross over the hub each time.

Yes, it's possible. Mine had come loose from being pulled on, vibration etc. I gently peened the lugs flat (they will be really brittle with age, take great caution) and soldered them to the traces after cleaning the solder mask off.
The pins needed a good scrub with a small wire brush to get the solder to adhere. Needs at least a 25 Watt iron because the traces and pins sop up a lot of heat.
20230217_084850.jpg

Extra blobby solder right there... For a bit of mechanical strength. Take care the pins are lined up straight otherwise you'll crack the connections pushing them into the connector.

Phil

thanks both. I have soldered mine, and tried to use the connector for align, but too close. But, seems OK so far. Mine were not off, just loose, so used flux and was ok with the solder under the pin.....I think. thanks

Gotta say John, am still surprised at your research skills.....great
Well... It's a combination of things. I bookmark some posts where I see something that I might need. BTW, that's the little icon, upper right, next to the post number icon. A really interesting thread gets watched.

Then I have this slightly crazy memory. It's not the facts I remember, it's where you find the facts that I remember. I can't explain it... But it really helped me at work (back when I worked LOL) . There are some things I can't remember though... I forgot my wedding anniversary once... But she forgot it too... LOL. It's on my calendar now.

Last edited:
Back