66 Fury Wiper Motor question

66furys

Reaction score
Have not yet really gotten into the wiper system. But, seems to me that the switch has power coming into the B pin, with one W pin maybe for the washer motor. And there are four switch wires to the motor. The diagram says all four just hit the motor. I want to test my motor. Anybody have experience with how to power up the motor.....four wires, grn, lt grn, brn and red. Not sure if 2 or 3 speed, but also was thinking this was already grounded, and power would simply be for several speeds. And, parking is sometimes just shut down power and it will continue to the park position....but, have no idea. Any help on testing appreciated. Have not tried to test my switch yet, as I am not sure what I should be seeing out of the four wires to the motor. Thanks

Someone must have experience with the four wiper motor wires.....the brn wire is 14 and other three are 16....still assume one for park, always hot, and others for speeds. But, you guys with experience must know. I have yet to Ohm the switch to try to figure out, but someone out there has this figured.....help. As an aside, does anyone understand why the chrysler boys used the B terminal on the wiper switch to power the back up switch??? I had asked before about this violet with trace wire that had been attached to my light switch....single spade connector. I am thinking it should go to the lower B terminal on wiper switch, but cant figure why they would have done it this way. Although, there is no central power point for small things like the BU and reverse lights.....sooooo

So, I FINALLY looked further in the manual.....and voila....test method for the wiper motor. Am ashamed it took me that long to find. Oh well.

Back