66 Plymouth Sport Fury Conv. K Frame

Newbee66-383

Reaction score
HI-Can anybody tell me if convert frame is different than the other models & what year &
other models of C body will fit 383
THX from rusty Canada

66 Plymouth Fury stub frames are the same between convertibles and non convertibles. There's no differences for engine sizes.

Dodge and Chrysler stub frames interchange between each Dodge and Chrysler, but are different from Plymouth and won't fit properly.

I believe that 65-68 will interchange, but I am not sure, because I have also heard there are differences. I know that engine setback in 65 stub frames are different than 66 and up. If it were me, I'd get one from the same year just to be sure.

Check with Nigel at National Moparts in Beaverton Ontario - he should have one.
www.nationalmoparts.com
1-888-652-7464

The 66 thru 68 models were all interchangeable regardless of the c body.
The Fury will even fit but be aware the torsion bars are different length if you find a replacement stub out of the USA..
The Canadian Polara used a Fury Stub frame and had shorter torsion bars

The 65's had different Stub frames for the engine mounts if you had ordered a 318 poly.

HI-Can anybody tell me if convert frame is different than the other models & what year &
other models of C body will fit 383
THX from rusty Canada

Should you find one, and I know you will, pay attention to the engine mount stand-offs as their different for different size engines. You can always swap yours onto the new K-member.

Got 67-68 k frame from National mopar, right length torsion bars, good condition good price C500 us 400
Thxs for every bodies help, now I have project for next winter

They're just poking fun... lol :poke: about a minor misuse of terms.

As Mopar purists, we sometimes hear and see terms used to describe parts and systems that technically aren't correct - like limited slip differentials being described as having "posi" which is a Chev term when Mopar had "suregrip".

In this case our full size cars used a detachable 1/2 size full "stub frame" to hold our engines and front suspension and radiator etc connected to our car's integral unibody strucure, as opposed to a stamped and welded sheet metal tray/cradle type arrangement on smaller Mopars that only really held the engine and had a couple of attaching points for front suspension. Shaped like a misformed K hence the name. On those cars the main front part of the frame was stil part of the unibody structure.

GM and Ford used full frame front to back. One way of thinking of it is our C body front frames were only a stubby version.

Back