67 440 oil sump and engine mounts?

peterlucas

Reaction score
Hi a couple of things, my sump has a big ding in it and im going to replace it, my mechanic had a look and wondered what the best way to replace the sump is, can he just raise the motor a bit and replace it? if he is doing that i was going to replace the engine mounts, are both mounts the same as when i have looked at buying some i can only find 1 kind of mount , thanks

Be aware that the C-body pans have an extra concave area at the passengers side front corner of the sump to clear the idler arm. The aftermarket pans do not have this.

The '66 -'72 B and '73 C-body mounts are the same side to side.

Be aware that the C-body pans have an extra concave area at the passengers side front corner of the sump to clear the idler arm. The aftermarket pans do not have this.

The '66 -'72 B and '73 C-body mounts are the same side to side.

does anyone offer a stock style pan with this concave? I have a 7qt pan on my 67 440 and yes, my idler arm is hitting it. So my choices are to either find a stock style pan or cut/weld a recess into my existing pan. which both ways require me to pull the engine to correct.

My engine sits back further than a factory BB car does, I do not have the room to lift the engine up enough to pull the pan out. I have less than an inch until my bell housing hits the trans tunnel and I need more than that for the oil pan to clear the X-member.

Back