Reaction score
Contact seller
WANTED:
67 Chrysler Steering Column Cover

Still looking. PM me here or email craiglist_1 at hotmail dot com
il9lyc.jpg

51uh45.jpg

Last edited:
Yah. I never in a million years would I have thought a '68 would be totally different but when I went to install it, sho nuff, it was very different. The contures were different.
I was shocked myself....

Posted via Topify on Android

Ads for German GM/Opel Division tried to sell us this type of collapsing steering column to be a patented GM novelty from around model year 68 IIRC, seems to have been around at Mopar as well already; was this a US mandatory safety item and for what year ?

Ads for German GM/Opel Division tried to sell us this type of collapsing steering column to be a patented GM novelty from around model year 68 IIRC, seems to have been around at Mopar as well already; was this a US mandatory safety item and for what year ?

The Mopar columns were made by GM.

The Mopar columns were made by GM.
Well, technically. Saginaw was a supplier owned by GM, a distinction that faded over time until it became irrelevant.
There was a day each division of GM had to answer to Fisher Body....
"If you guys want that on your Buick, you're gonna have to be the ones to tell Olds it has to be on their car too because it's both or nothing"...

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
So the claim was right after all. One of those patents distributed to other companies.
One of the most popular I remember is the still widely used Porsche synchro for manual transmissions.

I do. I drive it daily unlike that spoiled B***** sitting up on her pedastal.
As I drive it, my mental list of "Next!..." accumulates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back