67 Fury III Brake Conversion - Pedal?

Noxxender

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm helping my dad do a disc brake conversion on his 1967 Plymouth Fury III Convertible using the Scarebird kits. We've gotten most of the issues worked out but we are trying to also switch it from manual brakes to power boosted breaks with a refurbished power booster we got on ebay.
Cardone 54-73520 (Power Brake Booster-Vacuum Cardone 54-73520 Reman for sale online | eBay)

With this installed we're finding that we can't connect the brake pedal to it. Does anyone have any advice?

Looking through the parts lists on mymopar.com for 67 it looks like there were different brake pedal assemblies and brackets depending on weather or not you had an auto/man transmission as well as powered or unpowered brakes, but we're not having any luck finding the part to replace it with online.
Also the part numbers stamped on our brake pedal 64312 234 & 2622 314 don't seem to match up with any of the SKUs in the parts book.

Thank you.

Power brake and manual brake pedals are different.

You need to swap out the pedal. It's a bolt in, and there are lots available to get from people parting out 65-68 C bodies here on the site.

By observation, stamp or casting numbers on parts do not always equate to genuine part numbers. Many times, they can be close, but not "there". Sometimes, what might normally be a factory part numbers might be a vendor's production ID and/or date code. FWIW

Hope everything works out for y'all,
CBODY67

It is correct that the pedal assemblies were different between manual and power, there were different pivot points to provide more leverage for the non power and the power pedal is lower toward the firewall requiring less travel. That said though, when I looked doing the conversion to mine, as far as I could tell, the actuating rods go through at the same location and should line up but I can't speak to length as I never did it. Attached are pictures of the parts I was gathering. You'll need that different backing plate too but it sounds like your beyond that point.
IMG_1885.JPG
IMG_5663.JPG
IMG_5666.JPG

Thanks for the information guys. I was able to get a pedal and backing plate on the forum here.

Also curious if y'all know anywhere that makes stainless steel braided brake lines that could be utilized in this conversion as well?

Thanks for the information guys. I was able to get a pedal and backing plate on the forum here.

Also curious if y'all know anywhere that makes stainless steel braided brake lines that could be utilized in this conversion as well?

3/4 of the way down the page.

Products

Back