For Sale '67 Fury VIP, Butte, ($8500) snatch it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
Contact seller
Oh my word.. Someone.. anyone?

http://butte.craigslist.org/cto/4612623465.html

01414_GCh8LETFF3_600x450.jpg

00T0T_6ykOJ7naJC2_600x450.jpg

00D0D_dsY28DJkZF5_600x450.jpg

1967 Plymouth VIP under 40K original miles on a 383 Commando "wedge.". Mopar at its finest -- I knew this car as a child. I am the second owner. I watched the elderly owner care for this car every day. I bought it from his estate and invested in new paint. The only other owner I know of this year, model and color is John Leno. This is a good entry car into the car collecting hobby and it sure gets everyone saying what the heck is that . . .

1967 Plymouth VIP -History of the 1965-1968 Plymouth Fury / VIP

In 1965, the Fury was Plymouth's mainstay sedan, available in four trim levels. The "Plain Jane" taxicab Fury I represented the bottom of the range, while the Fury II, offering two- and four-door sedans and station wagons, was the first step up. The Plymouth Fury III had more luxury options and also offered a coupe and convertible, while the Sport Fury was only available as a hardtop coupe or a convertible. Engines ranged from the 225-cid slant-6 to the 426-cid, 425-hp Max Wedge mill, though most cars had 318-cid, 361-cid, and 383-cid V-8s.

All Furys of this era had a square body with vertically stacked double headlights. The Fury I had three-quarter-length side molding, the Fury II had a full-length strip, and both trims had single taillights. The Fury III had full-length side molding with contrasting color and double taillights. A Sport Fury convertible paced the Indy 500 in 1965 and the Pace Car package was available on any Fury, at extra cost. Nearly 330,000 Furys were sold in 1965.

The 1966 Fury line was face-lifted, to good effect. The basic Fury I, II, and III were offered alongside the Sport Fury, but a new model was added at the top of the line -- the VIP -- as a two-door and four-door hardtop. Sales for Furys rose slightly to 335,447.

The Fury was completely re-skinned for 1967, with a slab-sided appearance and different profile than the Belvedere and Satellite. The big 440-cid V-8 became the largest engine on offer, with up to 375 hp. The Fury II and III four-door sedans were the best-selling Fury body style, while fewer than 10,000 convertibles were produced during the year.

Changes to 1968 Furys were confined to rear end sheet metal, but the top-of-the-line VIP added a fastback coupe and two station wagons to the two- and four-door hardtops. This year only 0.2 percent of Furys were fitted with 4-speed transmissions, making them exceptionally hard to find today.

While durable and reliable, the mid-1960s Plymouth full-sized sedans, like their Dodge brethren, attract minimal collector interest, and even convertibles can be reasonably bought. The Plymouth Fury was often the last car owned by elderly relatives, and some quite sound cars can be found in small towns. They were also favored by police departments and survivors offer surprising performance for little money, unless they're decked out in "war paint" and ambitiously priced. High-horse Furys offer lots of 1960s grunt in a sleeper package, making them entertaining and affordable at the same time.

01414_GCh8LETFF3_600x450.jpg

00T0T_6ykOJ7naJC2_600x450.jpg

00D0D_dsY28DJkZF5_600x450.jpg

Yeah but as a flipper he could have done better on the ad. There's really nothing there just an $8500 price and some guy named John Leno.

Written by the 14 YO kid of the guy standing at the pump while bringing it home after just buying it for $4,000.00

Posted via Topify on Android

I like how they talk about the history of the Vip from 1965 and think it also applies to this.......
Sounds like it was copied out of a car book..........

Purchased from the original elderly owner. I wonder what song and dance, and I sure he did one, telling the owner how hard these are to sell, or how few people like these big cars, or how much he loves it and will cherish it for a long time before paying him as little as possible.

My rule is to make flippers pay top dollar for the car since the original owner should be the one to profit. If the buyer is an honest to God buyer who is loving the car them maybe cut them a deal. Three years ago a car drove by my place and then backed up and the fellow got out asking if my Mustang was for sale. I said he couldn't afford it but wanted to know. At the time it was around $14,000 and it is pristine other than a nick or two from my clumsiness over the years. Oh, no it was more a like half that naturally. Told him to look around at all the cars and asked if he thought I knew nothing about them? Then told him I make the profit and the second buyer will just have to hold the car for a decade for their profit. Now even the cars in the garage are always covered to avoid these creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back