NOT MINE 67 Sport Fury 440 4 speed 3hrs left BAT

Is it the real deal? Seems to be missing the tag. It does have the rare correct rear differential.
Screenshot_20231005-094015~2.png
Screenshot_20231005-094058~2.png
Screenshot_20231005-094119~2.png

I jumped on this bidding bandwagon and I had a fairly substantial figure in mind.
Then I started watching the numbers go up and I re-evaluated the situation.
1. Rust. There it is on the rear quarter and under the rear window. This requires a personal inspection of the trunk and especially the drip pan under the vents below the rear window.
2. No data plate. This bothers me.
3. No wipers. Wants top dollar? Fix the effing wipers.
4. Several other issues but the winning bidder is going to be disappointed.
I'm out.
And since the seller deleted his own post, I'm allowed to rag on it.

I gave it a quick lookee loo and thought it was a pretty respectable car 'sep for the painted engine bay but now more comments and history have brought my attention back and issues with non working items and rust bubbles with missing FT... well lets just say GLWS and hope the buyer is happy(?) or will this just be another entry into the 'wheeler dealer' merry go round?

I'm a little frustrated at the negative comments about a members car especially since it was listed for sale here.

The selling price DOESN'T surprise me. Worth it all day you CBs.

35k is not a bad price in 2023 .
If its a true 4sp 440 car the rarity merits it .
Keep in mind that there are millions of people in the US with enough disposable income to drop 35k on a toy without batting an eye . Hell they go on $20,000 vacations , throw $50-100,000 weddings , drive $80,000 pick up trucks !

There was a factory 67 fury 383 in town that had a 4-Speed Inland shifter I remember it well

I've read this thread 3 times and I'm not seeing any **** talk. And if the FT is missing then that's a big deal for this car.

I've read this thread 3 times and I'm not seeing any **** talk. And if the FT is missing then that's a big deal for this car.

Then re read it!
Read the other threads . .
Protocol is not to dissect a members car for sale even if it is to criticize a dirty window. :thumbsup:

When a member's car is out for bidding external to this site, it's not the same scenario as if they've offered it to us directly.

There were a lot of things on this one that I would not expect on a $35k Slab. Not even if it's a 440/s-speed.
Teh things @commando1 mentioned, plus other things I noticed.
That's not a criticism of the seller or the car, as it looks like bidding started at $16k, a fair price.

Having 2-3 horses running a race is what determines sale prices like these.
But sale prices like these don't necessarily determine the market, either.

We had a gold 440/4spd car sell to someone on here, price was reportedly dropped to around $13k. (needed some TLC but arguably a better color)
NOT MINE - 67 Sport Fury fasttop, 440 4-speed, gold-black, 53k miles, $18,000 Michigan

A silver-rose colored 440-AT (white interior), listed for $16,800, don't know the selling price.
NOT MINE - 1967 Plymouth Sport Fury Fastback in Grandview, TX - $16,800

And there's a black-cherry 440-AT listed for $30k (but it hasn't sold?)
NOT MINE - 1967 Plymouth Sport Fury Special order 440 Super Commando - $30,000 WA (state)

BUT IT WAS ON THIS SITE TOO.

AND this car is way nicer than the three listed.

Not better condition than the black cherry one. Better pictures? Yes. Better condition? NO.
The flaws I noticed (and didn't list) make it no comparison.
It's nicer than the other 2, but not 2x nicer (for the price). And 4-speed isn't a 2x factor either.

BUT IT WAS ON THIS SITE TOO.
Yeah, but it got deleted because they listed it as 'MINE' but with an off-site listing.
You can disagree all you want, the Mods saw fit to act on that.

Of course but there is negative in this thread too and it's a members car.
You keep barkin' I'll keep smakin your nose.

The negative stuff wasn't by me.

You keep barkin' I'll keep smakin your nose.

Didn't you dish out a bunch of out-of-line crap directly at people on here some time ago?
But you've now got the requisite judgment to tell me how to conduct myself? GMAB.

The negative stuff wasn't by me.

Didn't you dish out a bunch of out-of-line crap directly at people on here some time ago?
But you've now got the requisite judgment to tell me how to conduct myself? GMAB.

No, I'm never out of line, I walk it.

Back