Status
Not open for further replies.

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
Contact seller
http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/4439062803.html

00k0k_xuFglHfkUl_600x450.jpg

This is a Frame off Fully Restored 1968 Hurst Hemi Dodge Dart Tribute car. It was built by SS & AFX of New River, AZ on a rust free AZ Body. It has a New 426 Race Hemi (NOTa Crate) 12.5:1 Ross Pistons, Manley Rods, Fordged Crank, Aluminum Heads, Crane 660 solid Roller,Magnesium Crossram, 770 Holleys, MSD Box, Balanced & Blueprinted, Large Tube Custom Headers, Lakewood Scattershield, Aluminum Case Passion A833 4 Speed, Hurst Shifter w/Reverse Lockout, SW Cable drive Tach & Gauges, Super Stock Interior, Radio,Heater,Rear Seat, Mirror Delete. Seat Belt Plexiglas Windows, Dana 60 Posi, 4.10, Chrome Cover, Pinion Snubber, Super Stock Springs, American Racing Torque Thrust Wheels, Skinny's front, Hoosier 10" Cheaters Back, Viper Yellow Paint, 1500 Miles since completion, NEVER raced, street driven to shows & cruise nights only. Car runs on racing gas, 3-4 miles per gallon. Wins 1st Place or Best of Show almost every time out. NO OFFERS, I have a job, not eating out of a dumpster. ONLY trades considered Factory Mopar Hemi Race Cars, 4 Speeds ONLY. I am the owner of this car and have a current clear IL title.

00k0k_xuFglHfkUl_600x450.jpg

Now I have a number for my budget for my 67 Dart GT Hemi look alike. Think I can get it done for under 89k.

Being a "tribute car" I dont see it being worth more than $60k but some rich
fanatic will will probably pay that $89...

Im surprised he is not eating from a dumpster having spent the money he did

Jeez, another damn FAKE. And he'll "only trade" for a REAL factory Mopar race car. It's a FAKE! It is NOT worth $89K, even if the factory gnomes and fairies laid hands on it back in the day.

You guys seem like you either 1) don't like fake, not what came from factory cars or 2) think this guy is off his rocker askeing for what he wants for the car. (i kind of painted a broad picture with those two statements).

I think it's way to much. I knew a guy who made a tribute, which is bs, it's a copy, clone, whatever, fake. He sold it "cheap" for 60+k asking price. I still think it's too much. But if you can't have an original SS Dart, what's one worth to you? I'd love to have one, but that'll never happen.

So what is it? The price or the profiting off of something that is a recreation? Just curious if I'm getting the right vibe.

There are far too many "tribute" Coronet R/Ts, Dart 440s, and 440+6 E-bodies out there these days. The chances of actually SEEING a real factory car anywhere these days gets smaller and smaller. So, yeah, I have a problem here with two things - the guy will trade for a REAL Mopar factory race car - what he spent on building a fake is nearly the same as restoring/building an authentic car. And two - $89K...really? His ad is just plain arrogant. Whether he is personally or not is anyones' guess, who knows? Granted, it's a nice fake. But it'll never be more than that.

Fair enough. If it makes you feel any better, I won't be selling my fake, and I'd never try to describe it as anything but fake.

The posting was flagged and removed.

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot the best part, the first line of the ad:

This is a Frame off Fully Restored 1968 Hurst Hemi Dodge Dart Tribute car.

*Frame-Off - is impossible with a unibody car.
*Restored - back to original
*Tribute - A copy of an original.

The prosecution rests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back