68 fury new 16 or 17" tires?

Lots of modern car guys like those 555's. I couldn't find in the right size for me.

Lots of modern car guys like those 555's. I couldn't find in the right size for me.
Yeah my speedometer will be close to 2mph off because the tires are a little smaller!

I did 255/45/17 on the rear. I didnt like the selections for a 245/50 so Im just gonna deal with that and maybe get a different speedometer gear. I live in rainy oregon and read that the 555 g2 are decent in wet conditions too, thats why I choose those over other high performance alternatives.

I finally got my new wheels on. 245/45r17 up front and 255 in the rear. All 4 on 8" rims. Nitto 555g2 tires.

I must say...the car feels glued to the road now. WoW

20211016_185930.jpg

Having a good tire under a Slab can prove just how great the Chrysler front suspension geometry works. Add some good HD shocks into the mix and it can be really good! Plus some better brake linings, too.

What backspacing on the wheels?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

They said 0 Backspacing. However, cast into it was ET -1. So far they fit perfect with no rubbing. Its insane how this feels now with some performance tires on it!? I just took it out on the freeway and did barely notice I was doing 90!?

20211017_143049.jpg

IMO those rims look awesome, way better than the ones I bought. Those could be a winner to replace the 15" torq thrusts on my charger. Again just my opinion, but a little more sidewall and it'd be a perfect look.

I absolutely agree on the sidewall! I guess if you go 16".. anyway I went with a diameter that was close to what I had and this does not look too bad.

I really didnt want any american racing or torq thrust because everybody has them.

P235/55R-17 specs out in revs/mile to match P225/70R-15, from my research. Seems like the Dakota R/T had P255/55R-17 OEM factory equipment?

FWIW,
CBODY67

I cross referenced the 245/60 BFGs i had.. and went with a size that would give me a few mph less that what the speedo actually shows. I gotta check that with a GPS

Ya, my 17" are 28.5" tall, you're taking about ~26", which is way too small for my fusie at least

Sidewall was my goal too and for the rears 275/55/17 was the closest I could find to stock. Not too far from it. This size is OEM for a Mercedes M suv.

Sidewall was my goal too and for the rears 275/55/17 was the closest I could find to stock. Not too far from it. This size is OEM for a Mercedes M suv.
Me too, bought hi perf SUV tires, 28.5" tall

Yeah for 275s I would have needed a wider wheel and I was uncertain of fitment... hey so far I am extremely happy with my choice, my fury drives like a new car.

Back