68 Fury rocker trim

Commandough

Reaction score
I recently found a set of rocker trim for my 68 Fury 3, but as the car did not originally come with these there are no rocker clips to reference. I need order a set of these and I would appreciate it if anyone who ha experience with this could send a pic of what they look like. I see some of the B Body rocker clips in eBay that look right ( push through post in center that secures clip to the body and holds upper lip of trim) but these also have 9 screw holes in the underside that looks like will need to drilled and attached. Anyone tackled this recently? Thanks

This is what i think it looks like but I can't be sure. These are listed as B Body but I would have to guess they were not model specific.
s-l500.jpg

I think this is exactly what I'm looking for. Big John, thank you sir. Do you happen to know what combination of fasteners were used to secure this to the rocker?

I think this is exactly what I'm looking for. Big John, thank you sir. Do you happen to know what combination of fasteners were used to secure this to the rocker?
The parts book should have that info.

Rocker trim on a fuselage car was held in by the pins welded on the body and a screw at each end of the trim.

Rocker trim on a fuselage car was held in by the pins welded on the body and a screw at each end of the trim.
On a car like his 68 Fury, there are clips along the top of the trim and then the trim wraps under the rocker and is fastened on with screws. I don't know if there are pins to locate and fasten the clips on the 68 too. I've used screws that look like these when the pins are gone.

s-l1600.jpg

The clips are attached with screws to rocker panel. I should have a bunch of original clips off my Sport Fury (those moldings came on Sport or VIP version only). Since I could not find the trim for a decent price (I did not feel like paying $800 for a used set) I got rid of the clips when doing body work. PM me if interested.

Were there as many clips as there are screw holes in the bottom of the trim? May have already mentioned it, but my car didnt originally have these so I will be adding all the clips and screws for the first time. I think my trim has 5 or 6 holes where the lower trim is held to the rocker with screws so would that mean I need as many clips/screws to hold the upper trim lip on as well?

Not sure on the bottom holes... But you need 9 clips per side. 2 on the front fender and 7 on the rocker panel.

Hate to raise a post from the dead, but will 67 fury rocker moldings fit on a 68 fury? Can't seem to find any interchange part numbers anywhere.

Back