68 Imperial Crown 4 door - Electric windows issues (no power to switches)

It would be worth pulling the sending unit in the tank for a look inside and to see if the sock filter on the pick up tube still exists.

We pulled it and the little plastic filter pickup was rock solid and had just sitting on the inside of it. Removed it completely for now but will have to open it up again to put some stainless steel mesh in place of it.

Runs and drives now. Just drove it around town a little bit and the motor runs strong for 137k.

Little update. Replaced the carb, and the distributor (bad vac advance) Engine runs great aside from a few minutes of smoke at startup probably valve stem seals. While we had it up on the lift I changed the transmission filter just for the heck of it. The old pan gasket was leaking bad so I didn't really have a choice. Anyway, the old filter was pretty bad and had caked up junk on it, but also was very fibrous so it probably wasn't really filtering anything to be honest. The new filter, which didn't let any kind of gunk or clutch material slip by would clog solid after driving up and down the road a few times causing it to not go into gear at all once parked. Wound up having to drop the pan where it was twice to clean the filter. Finally got fed up and against my better judgement, decided to just completely flush the transmission. Removed the return and just kept dumping fluid into it until it was clear. Welp, knock on wood I drove it 10 miles already and its been fine. Shifts thru all the gears real nice.

Now that its actually got some decent road time, the steering has a little too much slop for my liking. Back up on the lift and it looks like the slop is at the pitman arm so that's next on the list.

If you could get that drivetrain you could, potentially, recoup a good portion of your investment.

If he’s scrapping it he’s gotta cut those trees down anyway.

Back