68 Newport heater control valve

68-Newport

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any place to get one of these things? I have seen it called a heater control valve, a water valve, and a few other names. I've seen one on ebay for close to 300 bucks but that seems a bit extravagant, especially since I live in Arizona and generally go 364 days a year without needing to use the heater. I don't know if it is the same part on any of the other c bodies which limits me to looking for "Newport" parts, so my internet searches have been disappointing.
$_3.jpg

$_3.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any place to get one of these things? I have seen it called a heater control valve, a water valve, and a few other names. I've seen one on ebay for close to 300 bucks but that seems a bit extravagant, especially since I live in Arizona and generally go 364 days a year without needing to use the heater. I don't know if it is the same part on any of the other c bodies which limits me to looking for "Newport" parts, so my internet searches have been disappointing.
View attachment 24753

Stan, you are looking for the same thing, right.

Remaining stock depleted at VAPINC.
Another source for a new EverHot 18-H1279N heater control valve (1965 -1970 Mopar C-body w/A.C.) is Classic Auto Air.
$200.00 + Shipping.
I won't give the price a second thought come July.
Too risky to attempt a used one since so many of them are rusted out.

Last edited:
Remaining stock depleted at VAPINC.
Another source for a new EverHot 18-H1279N heater control valve (1965 -1970 Mopar C-body w/A.C.) is Classic Auto Air.
$200.00 + Shipping.
I won't give the price a second thought come July.
Too risky to attempt a used one since so many of them are rusted out.

There is no reason to pay that amount if what I have will work for you. I get back from NY on Saturday. Maybe I'll pull out the whole unit.

Thanks for all the leads guys. Like I said, living in Arizona I can live without one, but the two ball valves I have installed on my heater hoses to make a "manual under hood heater control" get some funny looks at car shows. Of course they do allow me to turn the heat on or off.
IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

I have been running the heater core shutoff ball valves for years. I couldn't stomach the 300.00 heater core that the ac cars require!! I get looks at the car shows also, But its from people that like them. :eek:s_dancing2:

Thanks for all the leads guys. Like I said, living in Arizona I can live without one, but the two ball valves I have installed on my heater hoses to make a "manual under hood heater control" get some funny looks at car shows. Of course they do allow me to turn the heat on or off.
View attachment 25840
doc's new air cleaner5.jpg

doc's new air cleaner5.jpg

I couldn't find a breather without the hose hole for the air cleaner. so I bought a push in fit one, and used a section of re-enforced rubber hose for a stand-off and adapted it to the large opening. Its a filtered breather, does a great job!

WTF?
Long ram oil breather?

3038um9.jpg

Back