68 Newport power steering pump and pulley replacement

Biggredd2069

Reaction score
I had my pump rebuilt While back but feel like it's still having an issue again a couple years later. I also lost the cap and it's not the original pump so been having a tough time finding a good replacement. But ultimately I just wanna buy a new pump, I don't want to rebuild mine again. I see none of them come with a pulley wheel. I don't need some major upgrade, just a good working pump. Is there a particular one that is easy to find a new pulley for? Last time I bought a new pump my current pulley shaft is a different size and couldn't use it. I can replace it myself no problem, I just want to buy right the first time and prefer a suggestion first before I blindly buy. Have the 383h motor.

While not the cheapest alternative, I'd convert it to a Saginaw pump and be done with it.

These guys have everything, although I'd call rather than order off the intrawebs. When I bought my AC stuff from them, they gave me a lot of extra info that helped a ton.

Products: Steering - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

I'd bet you could buy the pump cheaper, but it might be better to source everything from them.

So that website pulls up multiple times when I search. I called them. They don't sell c body stuff. Unless some other pump works they don't have a catalog confirmed exact fit. That's the problem I constantly run into. The description looks right then you click into it and it doesn't match. I find that with multiple parts on this car. It's frustrating being an amateur trying to learn on this car. How can it really be this hard to find a Damn steering pump. I'm losing my mind. Everything about this car is a Damn pain. Serious. It's hard to love it.

Last edited:
I had my pump rebuilt While back but feel like it's still having an issue again a couple years later. I also lost the cap and it's not the original pump so been having a tough time finding a good replacement. But ultimately I just wanna buy a new pump, I don't want to rebuild mine again. I see none of them come with a pulley wheel. I don't need some major upgrade, just a good working pump. Is there a particular one that is easy to find a new pulley for? Last time I bought a new pump my current pulley shaft is a different size and couldn't use it. I can replace it myself no problem, I just want to buy right the first time and prefer a suggestion first before I blindly buy. Have the 383h motor.
Did you find a pump?
I parted out a 68 Chrysler 300 but it had a 440 that I used in my car.
I didn’t use any accessories and just put them in a tub.
The 300 had only 67 ,000 miles on it .
Should have the brackets too.
I went all aftermarket on the motor and my car didn’t have power steering.
Not sure if the 68 300 with a 440 pump is the same , just putting this out there

Did you find a pump?
I parted out a 68 Chrysler 300 but it had a 440 that I used in my car.
I didn’t use any accessories and just put them in a tub.
The 300 had only 67 ,000 miles on it .
Should have the brackets too.
I went all aftermarket on the motor and my car didn’t have power steering.
Not sure if the 68 300 with a 440 pump is the same , just putting this out there
I found one thanks. Just got it back today actually from being re built. Hoping to install it soon

Your best friend and most accurate information on parts crossover between A-B-C and models and years is the parts book. Find the part and you can see what it all fits or doesn’t fit. I find the correct p/n for my application and then see what other models and years it fits. So if you find a part for a B-body you can check if the original has the same P/N as what is called out for your car. I downloaded for free the 66,67,68,69 parts books. The good news is that every section index is the same from year to year. Find it in one, easy to find in another. The guys selling parts don’t usually know every application. This has saved me a lot of headaches and money after being burned a couple of times by bad descriptions on websites. Trust but Verify

Your best friend and most accurate information on parts crossover between A-B-C and models and years is the parts book. Find the part and you can see what it all fits or doesn’t fit. I find the correct p/n for my application and then see what other models and years it fits. So if you find a part for a B-body you can check if the original has the same P/N as what is called out for your car. I downloaded for free the 66,67,68,69 parts books. The good news is that every section index is the same from year to year. Find it in one, easy to find in another. The guys selling parts don’t usually know every application. This has saved me a lot of headaches and money after being burned a couple of times by bad descriptions on websites. Trust but Verify
Where would I find the site to download the cross reference?

Back