68 Newport steering gear box rebuild kit

Biggredd2069

Reaction score
Can someone point me to a link they may have for a proper rebuild kit for my 68 Chrysler Newport steering rear box? Doing a basic goog search pulls up a million gm kits, not sure I trust a majority of them when referring to my c body. Would prefer to get a referral here.

Last edited:
I assume I want one with bearings? They come with and without. And thanks, looking at rock auto.

Some real world advice.... Send it out for rebuild, don't try it yourself. I think you are going to get over your head real fast.

Want to just change a seal? OK, but don't take the box apart.

Send it to Firm Feel or Lares. Don't want to wait? buy a used box and send it or see if they have a core and send yours back to get the core charge back. It's money well spent.

It's leaking on the shaft side of the gear box. I'm part of a cruiser group here locally and they are telling me oh its easy, just do it yourself. There is a shop here locally that will do it for $220. Firm feel sounds awesome but dang, $500. I'll make no claims to fame on my abilities but I try after I get advice. I haven't found a good website for an even swap of a original style gear box, I don't want to swap it for a newer one that might not fit exact or requires some modification but otherwise works.

Back