68 Newport windshield wiper arm removal

Biggredd2069

Reaction score
Don't want to break anything but but having trouble figuring out how to remove the arms. Doing a vinyl wrap

Download a FSM at www.mymopar.com, for a C-body of that general (1965-1968) vintage of C-body car. There's a trick to it that is not readily known in modern times, unless you were "there" back then.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

What's the trick? I want to remove the wiper arms on my '68 300. I looked through the FSM but unfortunately couldn't find the right page. I looked on a b-body forum and someone said there's a special tool. I found it on e-bay for $7.

There's a few different tools for the job, but the way they work is basically the same.

Lisle 65750 Windshield Wiper Arm Removal Tool New Free Shipping USA | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Jeff

No one is mentioning the little tab that needs to be pushed over. Yea, you can strong arm it off and bend the tab, but it pretty much ruins the arm. I've seen the cars that had that tab bent (or broken) and watched them pop off the car in snow or heavy rain.

GS677_main-05.jpg

Crappy video, and the screwdriver is a tad crude, but it shows how. Yea, it's a GM... Same procedure.

My wipers don't park where I want them to. The one parks up to high from the bottom of the windshield and the other parks down on the chrome trim below the window. I thought I could pop the arms off and move them one tooth one way or the other to park where I want them to. Is this the proper way to do this?

My wipers don't park where I want them to. The one parks up to high from the bottom of the windshield and the other parks down on the chrome trim below the window. I thought I could pop the arms off and move them one tooth one way or the other to park where I want them to. Is this the proper way to do this?

Yes, it should fix the problem.

Jeff

Back