68 sport fury iii

hockeydad118

Reaction score
hi i am new to c bodies i am looking at a 68 fury four speed originaly a 383 engine now has a 440 needs some body work interior needs work front seats not original and not from a fury ,tires fair needs brakes they are asking 6800. is that a reasonable price . thanks jim

Depends totally on the condition of the body, interior, the mechanicals and authenticity.
I've seen 4 speed Fury's go from a high of $15k down to unsellable and only worth the 4 speed parts. The post immediately following this will be from someone posting the THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS smiley.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
$6800 seems a bit much for what you've described. I'd think in the neighborhood of $4.5k. The car you're looking at sounds like the condition of mine when I got it 6 months ago. I paid $4200 but it's got the original 383, not a transplant 440. I'm not sure if different years command different prices either ('66 vs '68). Of course, pics would help........

I would only ad that if this is something that's advertised on CL or elsewhere and you post enough identifying info and it is a good deal someone may see it and beat you to it

This is a Sport Fury. There is no such critter as a Sport Fury III. This is the car you are talking about, right? Lots of rot, judging from the pics in his ad. No way would I go $6,800. Might go three grand, tops.

00b0b_39kSywBtgPB_600x450.jpg

hi yes this is the car i was talking about talked with guy told him car was over priced he said make offer i offered 4,000 he laughed said the lowest he could go was 6,200 i said he was way over priced, he said it was what these cars go for very rare car .

If you REALLY MUST have this car, make your best offer have green in hand in front of him. If he doesn't bite you probably don't want the car. Don't get played.

had cash didnt matter would have taken car on the spot does anyone know how rare these cars where with 4 speed tranny

G-Dammit... without pics we don't know if it's worth $6.20 or $6,200.00!!!
It may be worth more. You're asking us for the impossible.

The designer who came up with that emblem was an idiot! He should have known better.
The bosses who signed off on that emblem should have been fired.
Steve Jobs would have caught that immediately!!

Last edited:
You're jealous you weren't part of the greatest era in U.S. history.
The fifties through the seventies. No society will ever be that epic again.
Everything is now measured as before that era or after that era. Sorry you weren't there for the ride. You especially would be a different man today.

Back