69 300 Convertible

Jason A

Reaction score
So today I have resurrected my 69 300 convertible. I've owned this car since June of 93. Parked it summer of 2000 and haven't messed with it much since. Before I parked her I had the 440 rebuilt. I think it's time to fully resurrect this beast. I actually drove her around the block a d she still runs great. Over the years I've accumulated some parts and have most of the interior. Does anyone know if the convertible top latches are repaiable or do i need to replace the entire top frame assembly? When I broke it I've just used a piece of metal and a small c clamp in it place.

Excellent news! For 1969-1970 convertible top parts, I highly recommend checking out @marty mopar 's www.arizonaparts.com -- he has a number of items that you might need for your '69 mechanism.

I have never tried to repair the latches, but I remember seeing some for sale. Murray park should have some. @david hill @70 Sport Suburban

@ayilar, might the C-body top latches be the same as the B- or E-body items, which might be reproduced or refurbished?

Just curious,
CBODY67

@ayilar, might the C-body top latches be the same as the B- or E-body items, which might be reproduced or refurbished?

Just curious,
CBODY67
If memory serves, the part numbers are specific. But don’t take my word for it: the Parts Manual, which I can’t check now, should confirm (likely) or disprove (unlikely) my statement.

I have the original set of latches that were sent to me from the third owner who contacted me on this forum. I don't remember their condition when I opened the box and looked at everything, but I will check them today. these are off a 69 Polara. He changed them for some reason so this pair might not be useable. I'll inspect them and get part numbers if you would like?

I have the original set of latches that were sent to me from the third owner who contacted me on this forum. I don't remember their condition when I opened the box and looked at everything, but I will check them today. these are off a 69 Polara. He changed them for some reason so this pair might not be useable. I'll inspect them and get part numbers if you would like?
Awesome. That's member to member support!

Ok Jason A, I have a left and right latch, they do not match completely but are dead on in so far as size and shape of the mechanism and brackets that mount to the windshield header. I don't believe that these are my original brackets anymore but are latches that the 3rd owner got from someone else in Wisconsin because they are in the box that was sent to him in 08/22/2013. I compared the latching face plates to the ones on my car and they match, but as I said these latches are different in appearance and shape internally but not in size and shape in fitment on a 69 C body vert. I'm almost certain that these latches came from two different cars. Although both latching face plates are identical only one has a part number 2945402 which is the passenger side. Now inside where the actual pivoting cammed locking mechanism and mounting brackets are they are different in appearance slightly, but size of mounting bracket and travel of the latching mechanism seems to be the same. Having trouble loading pics.

Regardless they are coming to you because mine work fine on my car and I want yours to work also. PM me if you want them. Wisconsin to Cali. to TN back to Cali. I been around ya know as Al P say's.

Back