WANTED 69 Chrysler heater resistor 2936278

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird69

Reaction score
Contact seller
Need this resistor for my 69 Chrysler 300. When taking the dash apart to fix the AC, the switch was blown and wires melted, so time to replace it all. I'm willing to pay a fair price, just not the $275+ they want on ebay. Anyone have a NOS they can sell me reasonably? Thanks

Resistor-2.jpg

Resistor-3.jpg

Resistor-1.jpg

If your wires and switch are melted it is not because of the resistor. It is because your motor has gotten dirty and dried out. It needs to be refurbished or replaced. If your resistor is bad, I have a couple choices for you. I have a NOS one for $145.00 or a used one for $55.

100_9670.JPG

100_9671.JPG

100_9672.JPG

100_9673.JPG

Wow, thanks. How would I know if the resistor is bad? It looks fine, nothing broken or worn or melted

Like I said.......I don't believe your resistor has failed. You can pull your blower motor out fairly easily. I'm betting it will be hard to spin. It is most certainly the cause of your melted wiring and switch. Dirty connections will cause problems too but if your resistor spades are not corroded, I would look hard at the motor being the culprit. If you have a local shop that works on starters and other electric motors, they should be able to clean and get your motor back in condition. You can bench test it with your resistor and some jumper wires or take the resistor along to the motor shop and have them test it. Fix your melted wires and get a new switch. Might be a good time to rebuild your heater box now since you have it somewhat apart. It is 50 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back