WANTED 69 Dodge polara dash pad

• Thread starter Deleted member 2797
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't justdashes.com repop these?

Just Dashes doesn't repop anything, they just repair the cracks in your current one and then cover up your old dash, most of the time taking out most of the character lines. And you can only hope the thin vinyl overlay will stay glued down when your car is in the next car show in the direct sun. All that for only some $1600!

Bob Baker and I discussed really reproducing these dashes this last weekend, and he is currently checking on the stitching capability of his supplier. He is going to reproduce the 70 Dodge dashpad and making the 69 as well with the stitching, would be an added plus for additional sales for him. Will keep you posted.

I have a vendor working on mine, he claims it will be a new pad on my old core. Eight months and counting.

Alan

Bob Baker and I discussed really reproducing these dashes this last weekend, and he is currently checking on the stitching capability of his supplier. He is going to reproduce the 70 Dodge dashpad and making the 69 as well with the stitching, would be an added plus for additional sales for him. Will keep you posted.[/QUOTE]

I do have a perfect black non a/c 69 polara dash pad if he needed a piece for a reference to make repops off of for 69. I would gladly let him use that if he would make a repop as I need a blue a/c version for 69. I would be estatic if someone made some repops and would do all I could to help that out!!

Your absolutely right...I called JUST DASHES and asked for a quote and time line.....Wait for it......$1500 for the pad, between $100-$200 for color match, and ,of course shipping back to me $50-$90........Oh yeah......so I have a new plan and it will be show worthy, for sure, and hopefully much cheaper....Stay tunned
Thanx or all the help , guys.....Rog

69 polara dash pads

Your absolutely right...I called JUST DASHES and asked for a quote and time line.....Wait for it......$1500 for the pad, between $100-$200 for color match, and ,of course shipping back to me $50-$90........Oh yeah......so I have a new plan and it will be show worthy, for sure, and hopefully much cheaper....Stay tunned
Thanx or all the help , guys.....Rog

Bob already has a vendor repoping various dashpads using your old frame, as seen on his website. He is currently finalizing the 1970-1 Plymouth/1971 Dodge pads (he showed me the first prototype this past weekend and it looks very good) and then is going to do the 72-73 Plymouth/Dodge dashpad shortly thereafter since it is very similar except for a different surface in front of the passenger. Then he plans to do the 69/70 Dodge dashpads (the basic shape of these is the same, but the leading edge is different between the two, with the 69 stitched and the 70 has a molded character line on the leading edge with a thin strip of woodgrain on the passenger side - the different character lines could be accommodated with relatively minor changes to the mold (like with the Plymouth/Dodge pads he is doing now but the stitching is still being investigated). I expect he would have some prototypes late in 2015 if all goes according to plan. Bob works on a sea going vessel for 30 days at a time and then gets some time off before going back to the job, so it is difficult to get things done much faster. But he is making steady progress and I support him all I can with the parts has had need of so far.

The 70 pad could be tricky since there are two different pads. Hopefully the variations won't be a problem

Just Dashes doesn't repop anything, they just repair the cracks in your current one and then cover up your old dash, most of the time taking out most of the character lines. And you can only hope the thin vinyl overlay will stay glued down when your car is in the next car show in the direct sun. All that for only some $1600!

WOW. Really? Just Dashes does THAT poorly for $1600??? My buddy recently sent his 69 Polara dash pad to them about 6 weeks ago. He's painfully getting it paid for - and expecting a mint, primo job when he gets it back. I feel bad for him.

WOW. Really? Just Dashes does THAT poorly for $1600??? My buddy recently sent his 69 Polara dash pad to them about 6 weeks ago. He's painfully getting it paid for - and expecting a mint, primo job when he gets it back. I feel bad for him.

Not all their work is bad, some people are happy with them.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back