Not open for further replies.

fakirone

Reaction score
Contact seller
Pretty cool.

0FD37ADA-B852-4CD8-BE9A-0B573BD41D57.png

56432B05-81BE-46A0-8291-58D411B20210.png

cheap price even if it turns out to be a clone

I got a GOOOD and pretty strong feeling it is indeed a clone as the 1969 numbers are huge and I don't believe they are in the correct place, and it does not have a whip-around antenna on it there again maybe it did not get one because it looks like an undercover car. I would like to see more pictures though

I wonder if it's real or a fake. $1,800 if the body's solid it's worth that regardless. The rear suspension sits too low for cop suspension IMO.

Probably a clone, the "1969" is a good give away. If it was a legitimate 383/440 cruiser, it is worth a good deal more than the asking price. 318 with 120mph speedo. Could be a meter maid car. Looks to have had a gum machine and damage to the roof from a tree falling etc.

Dave

I don't? What's that word above PRND21? I think I see the optional gauge package as well, hard to tell if there's oil gauge.

Capture.JPG

the non visible gauge is for alternator (standard) I have never seen a certified speedo in this era that does not go to 140 mph

the non visible gauge is for alternator (standard) I have never seen a certified speedo in this era that does not go to 140 mph

I haven't either but this is the first small block police car I've ever seen, so I dunno :BangHead: Also never seen anything in that spot except certified, so again, I dunno.

FYI the optional oil pressure gauge would be the blank space where civilian cars had a clock. This looks like a low option sedan that's been rode hard and put away wet that someone thought looked like a cop car.

That's a 70 dash pad also. I think this car has had a tough life. I retract my earlier statement about 1800 being a good price. Anyone interested should look it over well

I haven't either but this is the first small block police car I've ever seen, so I dunno :BangHead: Also never seen anything in that spot except certified, so again, I dunno.

To the best of my knowledge Chicago had slant 6, then a few small block cars then very few highway big block cars.

I don't? What's that word above PRND21? I think I see the optional gauge package as well, hard to tell if there's oil gauge.
View attachment 381786

Not in this car you dont.

No dog in the fight here.

Dunno what word is on speedo, but word looks to be in the 'right sport". I have seen "certified" 120 mph speedos "non pursuit equipped" rigs (e.g., meter maids,), i own a '67 Monaco/Polara 120 certified speedo

this could be fleet. could have been "cop" spec. 120 certified speedos? dunno if any survived to 1969. I do know cop fleets could factory spec fleet cars.

Not saying i am right .. just saying what i have seen/owned :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back