For Sale 69 Fury Cop Car - Not Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the best of my knowledge Chicago had slant 6, then a few small block cars then very few highway big block cars.

Yep! The Pursuit Commando, and the Pursuit Super Commando being the biggest, baddest, and rarest.

IMHO, this car could be a fleet ordered car, the speedo is questionable...likely a clone, or city car...need a fender tag shot to see the VON.

No fight here, just havin' a little discussion among friends. At least I hope that's what we're doin'...it's hard to make out anything in these crappy pics. I did make out enough to know it's NOT a car I'm interested in, even at the price.

I believe all fuselage certified speeds were 140s. This one was created with a label added. Notice also no numbers on the alternator gauge.
The one in the e bay listing is for a 72/73.

I tell the story when anyone will listen. Around 1984 I walked into Bleatlers junk yard in Pine Hill . I needed stuff for my 71. Old man Harry who would talk your ear off walked me back to 8 Camden city 71 Polara black and whites. 5 sedans in one row and 3 wagons in the intersecting row. If only I could print the image from my brain. No photos, just memories.
They were 6 cylinder equipped, 318 equipped and 383 equipped.

Capture 71.PNG
Capture 74 - Copy.png

I had an actual 69 Fury ex-New York Trooper 440 car in the mid 70's. I know there's allot of discussion about the 69 Polara being the best/fastest cop car but the 69 Fury couldn't be far behind, it was a blast to drive.

I had an actual 69 Fury ex-New York Trooper 440 car in the mid 70's. I know there's allot of discussion about the 69 Polara being the best/fastest cop car but the 69 Fury couldn't be far behind, it was a blast to drive.

That’s awesome story. What colors was the car? Manual fast ratio steering or power?

When I got it was a bronze color but not the best paint job, could still see the original black & white of the day. I don't know about the steering, believe it had a cooler though. It did have the larger 9 1/4 rear end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back