For Sale 69 Imperial limo ebay Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was it repainted?
Is the heater core leaking into the passenger compartment?
Would you mind taking a good pic of the rear axle assey...
Thank you..

I'm confused.
Is this your car?
It appears this car is part of a humongous collection or in a museum.

Yes, it's mine. I have around 45 cars in the collection. Doing renovations now so I have a lot of the cars out of the museum.

94116983-8359-4C77-B4E5-B5DD7019F35F.jpeg

When was it repainted?
Is the heater core leaking into the passenger compartment?
Would you mind taking a good pic of the rear axle assey...
Thank you..

At some point it was repainted yes, I'm not sure when. Someone from the board owned this car before me, it's how I found out about it. It's a Dana 60 rear. When the car was being loaded to come to me, the heater core started leaking after the car was shut off. It was bypassed.

72ABF1C7-CF98-49E5-9A6F-F569C1C6C9EA.jpeg
43547C8D-6386-43AE-9435-8CCB237AF402.jpeg
9374874B-A987-4FE1-8A0B-E38D313C9432.jpeg
I’ll chime in. I used to own this rare Chrysler Executive Limousine. Mike bought it with the dream of a family “road trip” across our country...well as we all know Covid and the current situation that we are in prevented that from happening. I guess we move on, which Mike is doing.

I’ll tell what I know from researching the Limousine. After the Ghia contract was cancelled, Chrysler still wanted to have an “executive vehicle” to offer to compete with GM and Lincoln.

Chrysler contracted with Ambruster/Stageway to build the 68 Imperial and 69 Imperial Executive limousines. The Limousine offered is the first one built, for the 1969 model year. There was a total of 6 built for 1969 and 12 intotal 69-70.

This Limousine was the first one built and was initially built for Chrysler internal Executive use.

It was the Chrysler flag ship Limousine that ferried Chrysler Co. executives in the day. So the build quality is quite high considering it was #1 and it was to be used by Chrysler.

It has mutton or lambs skin door inserts just like the Ghia Imperials. To my knowledge the other 5 remaining do not. Extra attention to build quality and detail was surely undertaken as this is #1 chassis.

After use at Chrysler, it was sent to the So. Cal regional distribution center, as the Ghia Imperials were.

It was designated to be “loaned” to NBC studios Burbank to serve as a complimentary Limousine for NBC. As it happend, the “Bob Hope Show” was sponsored by Chrysler Co. at that time.

Chrysler granted Bob Hope free use of the Limousine to transport him from his home in Palm Springs to Burbank CA, to film the show.

It’s likely that while in service for NBC, that many famous Hollywood stars used this limo. If it could only talk!

After completing its use with Mr. Hope circa 1972..it was sold to a Chrysler dealership Barker Motors in Eugen Oregon, as the owner liked limousines and something rare. It later was used sparingly by Classic Coaches in Portland Oregon. It has been always garaged and stored inside.

My view on this Limousine is that it’s build quality is superior to its siblings. It has low miles and drives well. The heater core issue is with the REAR heater. It started leaking as being loaded, and needs replacement. The heater core is in the trunk and is easily accessible. Shouldn’t be difficult to service. The auto-temp system was working fine.

Not to try and glorify the car, but it is super rare and a unique chance to own part of Chrysler and NBC Hollywood history and being #1 doesn’t hurt either.

Feel free to reach out to me for more info.

Last edited:
Man oh man, if I had anything close to the asking, I’d be in my driveway. I love this car.

I did want to ask though, was this the original color scheme on the car, typically limousines are all black. Just curious.

One of the frustrating things about selling a car, people who want to look at it that will never buy it. I've had two come already. What they really wanted to do was see everything else and made an excuse via the limo. Being someone that has little time due to my work obligations, it's frustrating to lose an hour for nothing. I have one more this week, hopefully it goes better.

Selling cars is always a hassle. You never know what kind of people show up. When I met with potential buyers I put the car that I wanted to sell in a separate storage unit. I didn´t want them to see my other cars or where I store them.
Many people just want to take your car for a test drive for their entertainment without serious interest in buying the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back