69 Newport Stripes; Any pics??

daMoose52

Reaction score
I'm a ways away from anything paint related, but for my project car I'm decoding the tags and seeing that what it shipped with and what she is today are a tad different; looks like we got a paint job, and lost an accent stripe in the process!
I'm not seeing any great pics online, so I didn't know if anyone had a 69 Newport (or maybe a New Yorker, or 300? If they did the same?) with an intact stripe I could scope out and see if its something I want to bring back :)

As to the color and style, the factory combinations (car color and stripe color) are in the Color and Trim books at www.hamtramck-historical.com website. Might need to manually input that address.

Go to "Library" and then follow the prompts for model year and make/model of vehicle.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

As to the color and style, the factory combinations (car color and stripe color) are in the Color and Trim books at www.hamtramck-historical.com website. Might need to manually input that address.

Go to "Library" and then follow the prompts for model year and make/model of vehicle.

Enjoy!
CBODY67
You had commented for that on my post about the decoding; actually, looks like that's the same book I was able to snag on eBay a while ago! So I can at least interpret the codes, I'm good there and getting that sorted at least :)

I'm a ways away from anything paint related, but for my project car I'm decoding the tags and seeing that what it shipped with and what she is today are a tad different; looks like we got a paint job, and lost an accent stripe in the process!
I'm not seeing any great pics online, so I didn't know if anyone had a 69 Newport (or maybe a New Yorker, or 300? If they did the same?) with an intact stripe I could scope out and see if its something I want to bring back :)
Here's what the pinstripe looks like on my 69 Newport Custom. Noted as V7X Accent Stripes - Black on the window sticker.

Pinstripe.jpg

Last edited:
I checked the assembly manual. no reference to a stripe on the Newport, just the Newport Custom and up.

Alan

I checked the assembly manual. no reference to a stripe on the Newport, just the Newport Custom and up.

Alan
If you've got something that's still handy.
I've got a newly acquired 70 Newport in need of TLC and I'm incorporating a lot of saved elements from my 69 Newport Custom, so its a clone-ish Franken build plan.
The 69 shipped without a stripe or a vinyl top, the 70 shipped with the stripe and green vinyl top but lost the stripe in a repaint at some point and has a new(er) white vinyl top circa 2007. So the 70's paint and top are not original in the slightest. I want to get the 70 repainted to match the 69, which may include ditching the vinyl top as its not original, not even the original color, and I'm really trying to "bring back" the 69. Seeing the 70 originally shipped with a stripe though, I thought it might be a fun element to restore so that its got some flavor of its own original specs.

Back