Status
Not open for further replies.

cuda hunter

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
This is not my car.

Seems to be priced very fair.

1969 Plymouth Sport Fury 2HT Numbers Matching 383HP 79K Original...

1969 Plymouth Sport Fury 2HT Numbers Matching 383HP 79K Original Miles - $10995 (Sandy)

reply by email:
[email protected]

1969 Plymouth Sport Fury 2 Dr HT

Original 383 HP Engine Numbers Matching-See Pictures

HD 727 Transmission

79000 Original Miles

3.23:1 rear axle( I am pretty sure it is a posi as both tires go same direction when car is jacked up.)

Second Owner

This is a very nice Sport Fury with the High Performance 383. Very few cars other than the Roadrunners, Super Bees etc. came with this engine. A great find for Mopar lovers.

I purchased it in Canada and brought it down myself. The seller told me his grandfather had bought the car new and he was brought home from the hospital in it in 1969. He stated miles are original and it appears this is accurate.

Engine valve covers still have factory felt marker writing on them.

Great Condition In and Out

Fender Tag Intact-Pic Attached

Build Sheet Intact-Pic attached

No Cancer (Rust) Issues on Body

Car was repainted very nicely about ten years ago. Looks great and was done in original color of Dark Briar Metallic which is a very dark Burgundy/Brown tone. Beautiful color.

Seats original, except lower front seat which had separated at seam and I had redone in original material from SMS. Also had an NOS headliner installed. All work done by Ross Upholstery in Oregon City. Very high quality.

Disc brake conversion done on front.

New heavy duty front sway bar.

New fuel tank.

Newer flowmaster duals.

Original hubcaps come with car, do not have original wheels.

Great Tires

I have a lot of extra brand new parts, almost everything for front suspension, ball joints, bushings, tie rod ends etc.

New heavy duty rear sway bar, needs installed.

Various other parts.

The questions everyone asks:

Why are you selling? I have three motorcycles, one is too big as I have begun having issues from a form of muscular dystrophy, so I am selling it and one of the smaller ones. This disease also prevents me from being able to get up and down off the work floor and I do not have a lift. I have done cars for 50 years, but I guess I have to face reality. A lot of info, hate to share, but somebody will ask, so there you go.

How long have you had it?

I bought it early last fall. I thought I had it in me to do more, but this has already been explained above.

What issues need addressed ?

The car fires right up and is ready to roll and go down the road. When it has been sitting a short time the carb gets slightly flooded, indicating the needle and seat are worn. Easy fix, but for now all I do is hold the pedal to the floor and it starts just fine. Most older cars do this.

The engine is 50 years old. Runs great, I do not know of any leaks. However, there is a puff of smoke when first starting it up. Most likely the (rubber) valve seals have hardened after all this time. It would be impossible for them not to have. DOES NOT SMOKE AFTER INITIAL START. You can live with it, change the seals out without pulling the heads out, or just pull the heads off and get them freshened up and have new hardened seats put in while at it.

New gas tank was put in, but I do not know if they used the old fuel gauge sending unit. But it reads lower than full when full and says you are empty when you are not.

Speedo runs fast, needs correct speedometer gear, usually about $20.

I have been doing this hobby for a long time. I do not play games, I do not BS. If you are a decent, serious person please reach out to me.
The price is negotiable because that is what everyone expects. Personally, I would rather put in a good fair price and hold firm, too old to mess around anymore. With this said, call and talk to me and tell me what you think is a fair price, or I can just give you the bottom line. I will not insult you, please do not insult me. I am not desperate, but would like the room.

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN TRADES OF ANY KIND, UNLESS YOU HAVE GOLD COINS, THEN MAYBE

Feel free to text me at fiveohthree sixtwenty2 thirtyeight35. You can call, but you will need to leave a message. I will call back.

Thanks for looking, have a great day!

Repost, see here. That’s a big $2k price drop: PH23H9R194506 was being advertised for 13k “negotiable” ten days ago. I agree, lots of car for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back