NOT MINE 70 300 Hurst @ Copart?

I agree with you guys. The only cars collectors want are the ones stored in a temp controlled warehouse with less than 20,000 miles. So what happens to all those used and abused cars? Rather than the crusher, I hope people will repair them (not modify) the best their bank account will allow.

I didn't want to be one of those "$50,000 invested, will sacrifice for $15,000" kind of guys, so I bought mine for $1000 on Ebay and over about a 10 year period with some luck, I put only $15,000 into it. I tried to keep it looking all original but sometimes too pricey... so most work by me (amateur), lots of bondo, paint by Maaco, rechroming was only $800 by Cleveland Chrome, Chevy S10 truck bed for trunk from JC Whitney....etc.

I think the newer generations think these 1960/70's cars are slow, smelly, no tech and should be crushed. They would rather buy new, so I think the future of 2nd and 3rd tier collector cars will go down in value. The premium cars will keep rising in ridiculous prices because...well...who understands millionaires? The best of the best will be stored in huge private collections (many in other countries), never to be seen again. oh well.

IMG_3104.JPG
300trunk-1aa.jpg

Last edited:
I agree with you guys. The only cars collectors want are the ones stored in a temp controlled warehouse with less than 20,000 miles. So what happens to all those used and abused cars? Rather than the crusher, I hope people will repair them (not modify) the best their bank account will allow.

I didn't want to be one of those "$50,000 invested, will sacrifice for $15,000" kind of guys, so I bought mine for $1000 on Ebay and over about a 10 year period with some luck, I put only $15,000 into it. I tried to keep it looking all original but sometimes too pricey... so most work by me (amateur), lots of bondo, paint by Maaco, rechroming was only $800 by Cleveland Chrome, Chevy S10 truck bed for trunk from JC Whitney....etc.

I think the newer generations think these 1960/70's cars are slow, smelly, no tech and should be crushed. They would rather buy new, so I think the future of 2nd and 3rd tier collector cars will go down in value. The premium cars will keep rising in ridiculous prices because...well...who understands millionaires? The best of the best will be stored in huge private collections (many in other countries), never to be seen again. oh well.

View attachment 561329
Thank you for posting your car. Would love to see more of it, including the fender tag if you have it for records?

View attachment 561329View attachment 561330
This goes to prove my point, hard work pays off. There are a small group of us 300 owners willing to grind it out all the way to get what we want. Post some more photos for us to admire. To see a home-grown project is just so damn cool. Congrats. As far as loosing value NOPE.

I'd be at $6,500 top, top money for this 300 at Copart. With $2,500 added to get this home, a guy would be at the upper limit, dollar-wise, on this beast. I like the car. But at $9K total before ever turning a key, I know there is someone out there that needs this way, way more than I do.

Back