For Sale 70 CHRYSLER 300 HURST

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyboutwagons

Reaction score
Contact seller
Saw a add on Proxibid for a auction this weekend The Gulf Coast Classic Auction for a 70 Chrysler Canadian Hurst 300. Reserve not met yet price up to $22,000.00. Ad says was a Canadian Chrysler Exec car . Car listed as lot # 246 don't know how to post if someone can .

1970 Chrysler 300H Hurst Hardtop | Auctions Online | Proxibid This was the car out of 4 that @Fury Pursuit posted for us. FOUR 1970 300-H / HURSTS on auction all at no reserve!!
a2eef4e941ece973b4fc7cc1de658a581df2e20b.jpg
15d3577f849eb3e7dd0f2bc6d212373bd9898851.jpg
0defb32fbc8fc8461178416cf96dd18a8c711af3.jpg
2b6b900bc666ffdec6169d5c2c152d977893d746.jpg
e349d63df7ebf996b9c1ad198e0723fc513a1d25.jpg
ad0afd0dabc6a0a10028f56e7c0809bfc0001b18.jpg

I believe this car belonged to a member (or was it a member's brother?). Really nice car too.

I took many pics of this car at Kissimmee 2019. This car #6179, was purchased in Alberta, CN and was then all over the US--Georgia, Tennessee, California.....and Hawaii. It comes with a treasure trove of documents, mostly attesting to a hard life of warped hood and trunk and peeling paint...in 1972. And again in '73. By '82 it was again a rust bucket (which we know was typical of the big Cs.) The family (son?) of the original owner had it until at least 2001, then the paper trail grows cold.

It's quite the nice car now. Not a fan of the Sanden look, but otherwise it's a worthy example IMHO.

And here's where we recently saw it: Rare Rides: The 1970 Chrysler 300

It was Lot F77 at the that 2019 auction, and did not sell at $52K.
IMG_0854.JPG
IMG_0870.JPG
IMG_0871.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG
IMG_0878.JPG
IMG_0879.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_0902.JPG
OYAZ2469.JPG
decal on door.JPG

Last edited:
Anyone know who restored this beautiful Hurst and if it ever was displayed at Mopars in the Park?

Anyone know who restored this beautiful Hurst and if it ever was displayed at Mopars in the Park?
I do not, and was wondering that myself. I have the phone number of the seller at the Kissimmee auction, who is merely a broker and was selling the other three there, too. And....he's the broker who consigned the car I purchased at Indy 2018. So that's five H's. He told me a year ago "These things sorta find me." However, he is a flipper and I doubt he would know who did the work on #6179.

Would the 300 Club know?
IMG_0904.JPG

How dare we ask any questions without plunking down some money, we should be ashamed of ourselves.

I believe it is a matter of an older gentleman not being very well versed in the internet and perhaps a little wary of it, nor does he participate in it much. He may also just want to be sure that the person interested in the car is the right buyer for it and that all about the car is understood, and that the only way to be sure of all this is in a personal one on one conversation (he asked for as much in his response to us). So to engender that response, he would rather answer the questions first hand, one on one.

Like I said, we can surmise plenty from responses on the internet, but I believe that it is often not what we think the situation is. Trev made it clear that the seller answered all his questions and seemed sincere and a nice guy, so lets just keep that positive thought and hope for the best home for that car. I think it will get a good home with the sellers intentions. I learned recently that the underhood appearance is due to the fact that when the car was new, the owner had it undercoated, and that, unfortunately, included all the underhood sheet metal. As such, that would be a bear to clean up, but not impossible if one has a lot of patience/perserverance and explains the appearance. Also, it was stated that the car was maintained well and runs like brand new.

So I think we should lighten up on the guy.

Every nice car that comes on here gets nitpicked along with crying about the flippers. I don't get it

There is one component on every car that truly shows the level of care it has received. What is it?

Every nice car that comes on here gets nitpicked along with crying about the flippers. I don't get it

There is one component on every car that truly shows the level of care it has received. What is it?
The ATC II works perfectly.

Read the other posts about this car, a lot of bad info on the car out there. Really sucks when these sell and go on the "auction circuit". Dealers just start posting things like it's an exec car that simply are not true. For those that don't click on the link above here is the short story on the car:

Sold new at Crosstown Motors in Calgary, AB. It is certainly NOT the only Canadian Hurst, Crosstown alone sold 4 of them and was told they all came in on the same truck. It is not nor was ever an exec car. I discovered this car and was the first to list it on eBay. Sold it to a guy in Ohio who did the complete resto on it. As far as I can tell this is the lowest option Hurst made, pretty sure every option on it was standard. Car has a super cool history. The original owner was an accountant and traveled everywhere for his job. It had at least 5 different state plates with it and the daughter of the original owner told me he was in Iran during the 79 revolution. Around 1981 he got a job overseas and they agreed to store his car at the port of Long Beach for him. It sat in a container until 2001ish after he passed and the daughter and son in law got it at that point in Lynnwood, Washington. I purchased it from then in the late 2000's (can't remember year).

Funny story about the car - tried to get it running when I got it home and motor spun fine. Got it to fire and the float stuck in the carb starting a stack fire on the car. This is obviously a problem with a fiberglass hood. What I also did not know is the line from the fuel line to the fuel pump was cracked and leaking as well. Pretty much the entire engine caught on fire and I was really lucky I had a fire extinguisher near by to put the fire out quickly.

Read the other posts about this car, a lot of bad info on the car out there. Really sucks when these sell and go on the "auction circuit". Dealers just start posting things like it's an exec car that simply are not true. For those that don't click on the link above here is the short story on the car:

Much thanks for that info, and fills it the part where I said "in 2001 the paper trail grows cold". You warmed it up!

As for the auction circuit thing, it is painful to see these giants moving around but not finding a home. But it's the same for the killer Hemi EBods, too. I would have thought they would NEVER be sold. How wrong I was.

Since were talking about 300Hs history, I thought I might as well give a brief history of my car right here, where it could be found someday by some Mopar historian. If someone knows any different about 6726, please let us know!
  • Bought new in July 1970 by Virgil Harrison in Clovis, NM. I have a copy of the original title, but that's all I have from the first owner.
  • Sold in September 1998 to second owner John Skaggs of Amarillo, TX (a 300 Club member) in 1998 for $3500 and cosmetically restored and the engine refreshed. He did many shows and parades, and seemed to really love the car according to the paperwork, pics, receipts I now have. You can find pics on the web of a Hurst with classic 1970 Texas plate CCF-187...that's this car.
  • Either Mr. Skaggs (or his family?) put the car in the hands of a classic car broker in AZ in December 2017, who then put it in the hands of the "five Hursts broker" we've been talking about, and sold it to me at Mecum Indy 2018. I've since been through the neglected mechanicals, electricals and A/C-icals (with the help of you guys!) and now have a proud, roadworthy car.

My Fender Tag.JPG

Engine VIN.JPG

This was my brothers car here in Detroit. We had 3 hurst 300s. All are gone. He sold it to a flipper in FL for 36 grand. The flipper didn’t take 52 grand when it was at auction, now it tanked. This car is absolutely stunning in person. I know it’s not totally correct to the c body old fart police, but it probably could be bought for a song now. I might bid on it myself.

Sold new at Crosstown Motors in Calgary, AB. It is certainly NOT the only Canadian Hurst, Crosstown alone sold 4 of them and was told they all came in on the same truck. It is not nor was ever an exec car. I discovered this car and was the first to list it on eBay. Sold it to a guy in Ohio who did the complete resto on it. As far as I can tell this is the lowest option Hurst made, pretty sure every option on it was standard. Car has a super cool history. The original owner was an accountant and traveled everywhere for his job. It had at least 5 different state plates with it and the daughter of the original owner told me he was in Iran during the 79 revolution. Around 1981 he got a job overseas and they agreed to store his car at the port of Long Beach for him. It sat in a container until 2001ish after he passed and the daughter and son in law got it at that point in Lynnwood, Washington. I purchased it from then in the late 2000's (can't remember year).

Funny story about the car - tried to get it running when I got it home and motor spun fine. Got it to fire and the float stuck in the carb starting a stack fire on the car. This is obviously a problem with a fiberglass hood. What I also did not know is the line from the fuel line to the fuel pump was cracked and leaking as well. Pretty much the entire engine caught on fire and I was really lucky I had a fire extinguisher near by to put the fire out quickly.

Just for the record, Crosstown is in Edmonton Alberta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back