70 Fury Gas Tank Vents?

moparblood

Reaction score
this my first c body.
gas gauge doesn't work, so i went under to inspect it.
theirs 2 vent lines on right.
and 2 on left of sender.
the previous guy has the ones on left has a hose going back to itself.
whats the proper setup for this routing?

In C-body land, there is one basic gas tank for many years of cars. In 1970, as my Monaco Brougham is, the normal tank has 2 vents, but the CA emission cars (and possibly some others) have 4 vents. Kind of sounds like the prior owner got a 4 vent tank and made it a 2 vent tank?

If it is an original 4-vent car, there should be a separate vapor collector that the 4 lines go to. The FSM details these things in the gas tank/emissions illustration. An FSM can be free-downloaded at www.mymopar.com.

As for the inop fuel gauge, there is a clamp mechanism that spans the rubber hose which connects to the fuel tank sender. That clamp has tabs which ground the chassis fuel line to the tank sender. If that connector is not making connection between those two metal items, no ground for the fuel tank sender and an inop gauge. The production item is a solid piece with clamps for the length of rubber fuel line hose at each end. Some creativity can be used to replicate it with a piece of wire attached to both the sender and the metal chassis fuel line.

Hope this helps,
CBODY67

If you have a vented cap it's not necessary to reattach those. I plug mine off with rubber "nipples."

Back