For Sale 70 Imperial with Mkt Price Correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
But still a ways to go.

1970 Imperial Crown

Screenshot_2018-09-27-11-59-35.jpg
Screenshot_2018-09-27-12-00-06.jpg

Hmmm,, wonder if they meant 1200$,, and not 12000$...
Cuz I dunn see no 12G car there,, nope.. not at alll....
Two grand,, sure,, 12,, NFW .....

FURYGT had a thread one that was a lot nicer with less miles in the same price range.

Seems to me these sellers want a price which is reasonable for a car without issues, but too much for the majority of them which still need sorting out.

Ultimately, I hope this goes to a nice home.

They usually all come with some kind of issue...
or sooner or later they will have issues...

Needs paint, probably a vinyl roof after fixing the bubbles in the rear below the window, a new dashpad due to what ever happend on the end of it on the passenger side, and first generation ATC is a problem, plus it is at the mileage where it will need generally everything from suspension rebuild, freeze plugs, head gasket and probably a lot more. And then it is a 4 door. In my view, that is maybe a $4K car at best in today's market given the realities (mostly because the interior is nice except for the dashpad). And that would be hard to get as well in my view. Mechanically, I would prefer to have a 1971 or later Imperial. I have a 69 Le Baron coupe mostly because it is uniquely beautiful in that year and it is low miles (34K) with colors I really like and I intend to replace the ATC with a manual a/c system. I would skip any 1970 Imperial personally.

Explain this Steve,, why...?

I tried in part above, but besides ATC version 1 on the 1970 models (1971 models got ATC version 2 which is very much fixable due to Performance Analysis Company rebuilding the servos) , I much preferred the instrument panels on the 1971 models - instead of dim bulb instrument lights, the 71s were bright enough so you could actually read them when it was dark outside, and the 71 models were easier to work on the instrument panel in general. Also, the seats in the interior were seriously upgraded in 1971 and were excellent in my opinion. I am not generally a bench seat guy, preferring buckets and the bucket seats in the 71s were much more comfortable and enveloping than the ones in the 70s or in the 300 Hursts from 1970 which stole theirs from a 1970 Imperial. I have very few bench seat cars, but I am keeping my 71 Imperial with a bench seat because it is the nicest bench seat I have ever sat on or looked at - the cloth is like silk and yet it wears well, and has leather in it as well to complement the cloth (photo of the layout in my car below). So while the styling of the 69s is the best of all the fuselage Imperials in my eyes, everything else about the 71-73 fuselage Imperials was just better than the 69-70 models. Also, the headlight doors on the 71s made the grille look more interesting to me as well. Another small, but significant touch to me.

71_Imperial_6.jpg

This car needs body work & paint, engine work....a dash that is duck taped on the passenger side corner. $2500... just because its blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back