For Sale '70 Sport Fury (numbers matching)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the value is, but it has very little to do with what you paid and how much you put into it. It's a common trap to fall into to. Most money that you put into a car hardly adds any value at all. But certainly no harm in starting high and see what happens, and I wish you the best of luck and hope you get full price!

GLWS. I wish my Sport Fury project car had the formal roof. It makes the back end of the car look not so long.

I don't know what the value is, but it has very little to do with what you paid and how much you put into it. It's a common trap to fall into to. Most money that you put into a car hardly adds any value at all. But certainly no harm in starting high and see what happens, and I wish you the best of luck and hope you get full price!
Thanks! I might try ebay and set a reasonable reserve and hopefully some interested bidders will run the price up.

B-Rode, Doing an ebay is a decent gauge of what people would pay for it..
No one here including myself are putting you down.. We just hope you don't
get high hopes only to have them dashed..
When you do list it on ebay please do some really good interior pics, and pics
of the external trim pieces that have screws thru them, the point out the missing
parts such as the side marker lens, and post better pics of the left lower panel...
Don't be afraid to mention it needs carpet and the dash pad is rather cashed...

And as Jeff pointed out the money you put in is pretty much a loss....

FYI I very much do want to sell it and if you add up what I bought it for and what I put into it, it exceeds the initial asking price. I know I'm not gonna be making profit but I'm gonna start higher than what I expect to actually get.
Hi BT
Nothing wrong with starting high and giving room to come down on price. Very few people will pay asking price, even if you write FIRM
Vinyl top cars tend to rust around the bottom of the rear window and the a-pillars. If you can show those areas are undamaged, that might help your price. A picture or two like this will make buyers happy. All the more important since you have perforation in the trunk. My 72 Fury coupe:
20180829_120110.jpg

Yes although the material in place of the vinyl isn't pretty, it isn't rusted around there either. I posted a picture of that area on the ebay posting. By the way folks that may be interested, it's on ebay and bidding is open for the week. Thanks everyone!

Nice car. Wish you pure good luck selling it. Prices for everything out here in kalifornia (rep of) are on the rise. And that's sure a lot cooler than a $10k 4 door maverick. I'm not kidding.

Anyways first thing I did was check out the woodgrain wheel pic and was disappointed. You might want to change your ad to custom wheel because I expected to see one of these.

Just my two cents & it takes away a point to get bargained down on cause they are worth a kings ransom now. Good luck man sucks you have to sell it.

IMG_4462.jpg

I tried searching for it and it didn't pop up which is strange. I had to log into my listings

I had the same thing happen with a Fury I have posted on Ebay. It was only searching for parts and not whole cars.

Its showing up on the search now, just had to give it a day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back