71 Fury Rear Window to Boot Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine 71

Reaction score
Contact seller
G'day - I have an Australian version of a 1971 Fury 3, it is a 4 Door Hardtop.

I am looking for a rust free "Rear Window to Boot Panel" or even a cut 4" above rear window and 4" below top of boot. I also have a friend is looking for the same so a second part would be welcome.

Genuine inquiry from a Mopar guy in Australia, not a time waster. I have shipped parts from North America ex California or have a friend in Portland who can assist.

Appreciate any response or direction.

Thanks, Stephen.

Boots are for feet... we call that a "trunk" around these parts... ;-)

Thanks for setting me straight!!! Man - I wish I had your problem (not the mis spelling of New York) but your history with Mopar - I'm still on the look out for the panel!!!

Hello and thanks for the reply, do you have any rust bubbles appearing under the vinyl ?? Are you prepared to remove the vinyl to check it out??

Cheers,

Stephen

Is this what you're looking for?

P5220010.jpg

P5220011.jpg

P5220012.jpg

P5220013.jpg

would that part fit on the back of my fury? i have a 1970 plymouth fury III hard top coupe. i have a nice hold right above the trunk lid and down the lil gutter guide part of it between the 2 trunk arms(couldn't remember what to call them). I happened to see that your name listed as if you are from AZ. I currently live in Chandler, AZ

fury rust 3.jpg

fury rust 4.jpg

fury rust 2.jpg

would that part fit on the back of my fury? i have a 1970 plymouth fury III hard top coupe. i have a nice hold right above the trunk lid and down the lil gutter guide part of it between the 2 trunk arms(couldn't remember what to call them). I happened to see that your name listed as if you are from AZ. I currently live in Chandler, AZ
The piece in the pictures has a different rear window than yours so the whole part won't work. However if it were my car I'd just patch the rusted area instead of replacing the whole panel. I do have a couple of parts cars that I can cut that area out for you to use as a patch panel.

I guess I should elaborate on what the pictures don't show. radiating from the holde on both sides about a foot there is rust down in the channel there. The spot has been like that for a few years now ( previous owners) There is a decent amount of rust right under that spot in the upper trunk area where the metal there wraps around some. was wondering if there is an easy way to replace this from the spots where the water channels are from the rear window down between the 2 indentations from where the (factory joined everything)? I will try to get some more pictures that show this better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back